Log onto existing gmail address on razr maxx hd

jlally

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a razr maxx hd. How do I set my default email address to an existing gmail account. When I try to sign into that existing email account via the gmail app on the razr, all I get is a response, "The username or password you entered is incorrect".

Please note: I put another gmail address when I first got the phone.

Do I have to clear out the origional google account and or the gmail address to put the new gmail address in? Any thoughts?

Thank you.

John

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are you sure you're typing it in correctly? Keep in mind that it is case sensitive.

OP
J

jlally

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply. I am very sure that I am typing the correct logon and password. I have tried it several times and at different times. The google email account works on several of my home computers.

Thanks.

John

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm having the same problem with one of my email accounts (not gmail). It is frustrating the hedoubletoothpicksticks out of me. I can get it to work using another email app but not the stock email app. I also would like to delete an email account I have on the stock email but can't figure out for the life of me how to delete it.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Try going to the App Drawer -> My Accounts -> select which email account. We will use a GMail account as example. Select the email address account to edit. Then hit the menu bottom on the bottom left (on a Razr) and there is an option to remove account. Should be able to add your old account back in.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, I keep getting an error message saying, “an error has occurred. The operation could not be completed." I'm gonna try clearing cache, data and reboot...see if I have any better luck.