Droid is semi frozen, could be virus? I can't even turn off my droid or answer calls!

amyliciousxx

Reaction score
Okay, so I was on my usual bike ride listening to music, while I was searching to see if there was a way to hack into the volume settings for my droid. Then, the Market screen pops up with this Tapatalk app of which I didn't even want to download. I pressed the back button several times, then the home button, then I tried every button possible to get the out of the current screen. All failed! I pressed the shutdown button, the phone options screen came up, but it won't let me shut down my phone or let me follow through with any other of the options. My music continued to play, until I recieved a call from my mother, of which I couldn't even answer! I'm so confused! The screen came up normally, yet I couldn't even answer the call, the answer button wouldn't side!
I also have the correct time and battery updated, as well as notifications. But I can't get of of this screen to view anything. It's driving me nuts.
Is it a virus? :(

Reaction score
i would try taking out the battery and letting your phone sit for a minute, then put the battery back in and turn it on

ShowTime

Reaction score
Seriously doubt it's a virus. Sounds just like a simple glitch. Try a battery pull and see how that goes for you.

B.Jax

Reaction score
Any other options? cuz i have this problem regularly and my seidio case is on there covering the battery

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Battery pull is your first option to try to force the phone to reset. I have a Seido case as well and its a pain but that maybe all you have to do and your issue could be fixed. My other thought is your processor maybe getting too hot. Are you rooted and do you have it overclocked?