Droid is locked with M

Dennis363

Reaction score
Last night I had my Droid in the clock docking station. It went to a white screen about an hour later and had the message that it was going to Safe Mode. I turned it off. Now when I start it all I get is a white circle with the M logo. I cannot turn it off by pressing the on-off switch. Removing the battery does not seem to help.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

droidman101

Reaction score
Last night I had my Droid in the clock docking station. It went to a white screen about an hour later and had the message that it was going to Safe Mode. I turned it off. Now when I start it all I get is a white circle with the M logo. I cannot turn it off by pressing the on-off switch. Removing the battery does not seem to help.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, so this is pretty easy. Did you make a backup? If so, remove your battery and then put it back in and reboot into recovery mobe by pressing and holding x and the power button. Then restore the backup.

OP
D

Dennis363

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I am in deep trouble. I did not make a back up. I did not know that this was possible with my Motorola. I have done the power button and pressed the x but I still get only the M logo. Is my phone dead?

droidman101

Reaction score
Ohh... your no rooted, ok no problem there's 2 solutions:
1. Bring it in to vzw and get a refurb(highly suggested)
2. flash the 2.0.1 sbf(basically gives you all new software, everything on internal storage is gone)
I HIGHLY suggest 1, mostly because they might just do 2 to fix your droid :).

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Factory Reset is an option too, which Verizon will probably do or suggest if you call them.

Make sure the phone is plugged into the wall. Make sure the white led is lit up where the cord plugs into the phone. Let it sit like that for a couple of hours and see if it doesn't boot up by itself first.

edit: and no, you are not in deep trouble, breath easy:)