Droid Incredible force closes apps

mplsleprechaun

Reaction score
I've had my Droid incredible for about 4 month now, I rooted it within the first couple days of having it. Haven't had any problems with it until a few days ago when the apps began force closing whenever I try to open them, the pre-installed apps all work fine but none of the ones I've downloaded from the app market work anymore. There are some apps that restart everytime I restart my phone; Google goggles takes me through the beginning tutorial thing then force closes and when I try to open it again its right back at the tutorial. Tapfish will begin to load then tells me it needs to be connected to the internet when I'm already connected to WiFi. When I try to download new apps or update existing ones from the marketplace it begins the download then quickly days download unsuccessful.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, I know nothing about the Incredible, but I've had my Droid 1 rooted since about January of 2010. When I've encountered issues such as yours here's my list of things to try:

1. Reinstall the rom without wiping. If that doesn't solve the problems, try the following:
2. uninstall the apps (more to come).
3. Under settings/applications/manage applications/all clear data on the market and Google Services Framework.
4. Reinstall your apps.

Good luck.

OP
M

mplsleprechaun

Reaction score
Thank you so much Bayou! Reinstalling the Rom worked perfectly.