New and Updated apps force close and disappear.

thisistay

Reaction score
I've had a problem for a few weeks now when i update an existing app or install a new one off google play it force closes and disappears.
Apps that already existed that i've only tried to update reappear when i restart my phone in their older version.
Apps that I've tried to newly install are gone forever until i try to reinstall and they end up force closing and disappearing again as well.
Also some apps that I've had saved in my SD card and uninstalled are still listed on my phone but show they're taking up NO memory, the fact that they're listed is odd to me though.

My main concern is not being able to download or update applications.

I've tried everything, three diffrent ways of factory resetting that have not worked. Wiping my cache in restore, nothing seems to work at all and I can't seem to find any other suggestions for an unrooted phone.
Here's a link to a thread I started in xda in which on one was able to seem to help. One guy had a few suggestions I tried but none of it worked.
[Q] Red Exclamation when Factory Restore nonrooted - xda-developers

Anyone have any ideas?

MTT3940

Reaction score
Same problem with HTC Droid Incredible

I also have experienced the same problem with my HTC droid incredible. I have formatted my SD Card, performed a soft and hard factory data reset by the various methods recommended after uninstalling applications and deleting data and have found that the applications and data are still on the phone after rebooting. The phone then experiences temporary authentication problems with google talk, but resolves itself after several hours. I cannot update or install new applications. New applications immediately force close and eventually disappear or the phone will reboot itself immediately after a new install or during installation. After every reboot, I must place widgets on home and other screens.

I also cannot determine how to resolve these problems. Please help.

I have taken the phone to Verizon only to be told that I need to upgrade my phone. They are unable to re-install the original ROM. I can pay to receive a refurbished phone since the phone is under warranty, but personal photos are still on the phone and will not delete.

I have attempted to install ROM mate in an attempt to install a new ROM out of desperation, but am unable to do so.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Have you tried downloading the apps via your computer to confirm that it is a hardware issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2