Droid Incredible Delays Continue

chops

Reaction score
wow htc dropped the ball on this if verizon releases any new phones in june or if rumors start flying around of new droids coming no one is going to buy that hunk of plastic lol

JsunRocker

Reaction score
Noobie here. But just to let others know, I was having issues finding it in stock like everyone else. Happened to look at Walmarts website and they stated "In Stock". Called, verified, purchased. Should recieve it Saturday.

shawnb2

Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad I called Verizon the day it came out and told them how unhappy I was with my Moto Droid, which was not a lie for those who care. I was at 45 days into my contract so beyond the return date. Gotta love Verizon's customer support. They came through, sent me out the Incredible the same day, had it 2 days later and no more buyers remorse. I love this thing. The more good apps that come out for this thing the less I miss my iPhone.

boostdscoob

Reaction score
only an ex iphone user would cry about the motorola droid..
1million sales and counting, it must suck..lol

shawnb2

Reaction score
only an ex iphone user would cry about the motorola droid..
1million sales and counting, it must suck..lol

I'm not saying there aren't good things about the Droid. Actually it is the Android OS that has the features. The phone is the hardware and the Moto Droid was not for me. It was heavy, slow, the virtual keyboard sucks, the physical keyboard is worse and the thing that got to me the most was i couldn't get through 2/3 of the day before the battery is dead. I love technology and love tinkering with things, but prefer to leave the phone alone. If it can't do everyday tasks without being rooted, jailbroken, hacked, whatever you want to call it and whatever phone you may have and get through a normal day of making calls, sending texts, posting on facebook without the battery dying well before your day is done then there is something wrong. Does the droid make it easy to tinker and change things fairly easily? Yes. Does the iPhone? Yes. Could I at least get through the day with my iPhone? Yes. Did I have to charge it every night? Of course I did. This isn't the days of the old Nokia's that would go nearly a week on a single charge. These phones have many more tasks to do. I love my Incredible. Do I miss some of the Apps with my old phone? Of course, but the Android Market is still in its infancy. It will get better once developers realize that just as much money can be made developing apps for these phones as well. As for needing a smart ass remark like the one you made wasn't needed. You don't like the iPhone, no one is forcing you to. Once it comes to Verizon I'm sure I'll be getting one again sometime after they're out. In the meantime, my Incredible is doing a great job at keeping me happy. Something the Moto Droid could not do. That was the only point I was trying to make.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Until we see some sales data, I'm starting to believe that this is more an indication of HTC not being a top notch OEM rather than the Incredible being a huge sales hit. Motorola moved over 1M Droids in about ten weeks, with no supply problems. That's a lot of phones. So either someone got caught with their pants down, or HTC is having delivery problems on the Incredible.

Verizon Wireless to carry Android tablets - Wireless- msnbc.com

This is quoted from the article:

In particular, McAdam said Verizon is unable to keep up with strong demand for the Droid Incredible smartphone from HTC, due in part to component shortages such as the advanced screens made by Samsung Electronics.

But HTC is loving this. The general public probably dont know about the parts shortage. All they see is its out of stock. Most ppl will equate that with "WOW, it must be that hot, they ran out!!!"

HTC or Samsung probably didnt anticapte it selling as well as it did. You either have an overstock and risk a loss if it doesnt sell good, or you plan for average sells and get caught when demands for it go up. I woulda chose for an overstock.

At the same time, HTC dont want there phone to not be available when newer phones hit in the upcoming months. The LG Ally is already here....Motorola is coming with something soon. And if it is back on shelves right when Motorola drops ther new phone(s), I think its a good marketing tatic too.

chris420o

Reaction score
Why are you guys going nuts over this phone...sure its nice but if u want the best all touch hold out for the shadow in july it will shat on the incredible...and in nov/dec the droid2 comes out and it will completly blow both of them away...why spend your money now n give up your upgrades...for sense ui? Man f that yeah screen transition is nicer but I played with it and ill take my droid with darkedge ocd over the incredible anyday my phones never been slicker or sexier

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Knowing there is such a backlog in ordering this device actually makes me feel better about my decision to purchase one. My estimated shipping date is 6/1, I'm being patient, but the more I read posts on this site, the more I can't wait to receive it! dancedroid

For now, I still have my :blackberry: Blackberry Storm. Only thing is, each time I experience a memory leak or have to perform a battery pull, now I just smile :)

MG68

Reaction score
Co-worker just ordered one directly from VZW.
They are back ordered till 6/15 now!!!
I am so happy I got mine on pre-order!

Mark

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I ordered my daughter the Incredible (as a graduation present) on 5/8 and was told that it would not ship until 5/29. At that time Verizon told me that they had sold over 450,000 on release day. Well yesterday I received an email that the Incredible shipped and I would have it Friday 5/14. I called Verizon to confirm that this was correct and they said yes. They said that HTC has been working day and night to get a grip on the backorders. So even though they are saying 6/1, in reality it may not be that long.

Well we got the Incredible on Friday 5/14 and activated it. On Saturday when my daughter went into the market her Incredible went into a boot loop and never came out. We are now waiting for a replacement Incredible , which we are being told will not ship until 6/4.