Droid Incredible Delays Continue

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

VerizonWireless.com has updated their website once again delaying the shipping date of all new orders for the HTC Droid Incredible until June 1st, 2010. Amazon.com is showing that the HTC Incredible will ship in 4 to 7 weeks. Other popular online retailers such as Wirefly are also indicating a 2-3 week delivery timeframe. The response for the new phone must be... well.. Incredible
smile.gif
Don't let these delays get you down, some have reported their local Verizon or Bestbuy have the Incredible in stock!

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score

VerizonWireless.com has updated their website once again delaying the shipping date of all new orders for the HTC Droid Incredible until June 1st, 2010. Amazon.com is showing that the HTC Incredible will ship in 4 to 7 weeks. Other popular online retailers such as Wirefly are also indicating a 2-3 week delivery timeframe. The response for the new phone must be... well.. Incredible
smile.gif
Don't let these delays get you down, some have reported their local Verizon or Bestbuy have the Incredible in stock!

im enjoying the growth of android the OS is sweet but the phones are sick too.. and if youre with vzw.. life is good.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wait till the Motorola Shadow, Motorola Xtreme, Motorola Droid 2 hit.. Life will be even better! dancedroid

im enjoying the growth of android the OS is sweet but the phones are sick too.. and if youre with vzw.. life is good.

Lasher

Reaction score
Ordered mine over the phone when it said will ship on the website at 5/29. Still waiting on mine. Oh well, I'm sure the wait will be worth it. :reddroid:

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many Incredibles were sold before they went on back order? Unless it was something like 500,000 this is just poor planning on a release for such a powerful smartphone. How can you release a phone without adequate stock to fill orders for the at least the first month?
To think just maybe the release of this phone could have been such a big hit for Android/Verizon and maybe had people jumping ship from an IPhone but now that initial buzz is lost forever. Great job HTC!

zegolf

Reaction score
I just hopped on Bestbuy.com and used their inventory search. About 3 Best Buys within 20 miles of where I live had multiple Incredibles in stock. That's how I got mine 2 days ago.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Moto Droid, Incredible, Desire, EVO 4G, Galaxy S, etc... I just enjoy seeing android explode in popularity. It's nice being on the ground floor instead of being in the me too crowd.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto Droid, Incredible, Desire, EVO 4G, Galaxy S, etc... I just enjoy seeing android explode in popularity. It's nice being on the ground floor instead of being in the me too crowd.

well said... :)

itzkr0me

Reaction score
i ordered via phone Monday of last week, and the phone was delivered by Friday. Despite several reps saying it would be another 10-14 days. Maybe it was my constant complaining because I'd get a different story every time I called, or maybe the backorder situation is trying to create a buzz... who knows.

doublejack

Reaction score
Until we see some sales data, I'm starting to believe that this is more an indication of HTC not being a top notch OEM rather than the Incredible being a huge sales hit. Motorola moved over 1M Droids in about ten weeks, with no supply problems. That's a lot of phones. So either someone got caught with their pants down, or HTC is having delivery problems on the Incredible.

HeroNova

Reaction score
I went to my local bestbuy yesterday afternoon and asked about their stock.

They had one left in stock, and I could not bring myself to resist. So I picked it up.

Glad I did, even though it hurt my wallet a bit. Still getting used to the phone and the functions and I really haven't tested it out yet. I had the Eris before I got my Moto Droid so I'm pretty used to Sense UI.

samuelk

Reaction score
I ordered my Incredible on Friday, 5/7. I was told that the expected ship date was 5/19.

On sunday, 5/9, I called Verizon to see if there was a way to check the order status online, when the rep looked up my order and said, "Oh, it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow; here's the tracking number."

I had heard numerous reports from Verizon reps that people had received their Incredibles the day after they had ordered them, despite the "official" estimate that they weren't due to ship until weeks later.

A co-worker just ordered his Incredible today, and they told him the expected ship date was May 29th. We'll see if he gets his phone sooner than that.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Until we see some sales data, I'm starting to believe that this is more an indication of HTC not being a top notch OEM rather than the Incredible being a huge sales hit. Motorola moved over 1M Droids in about ten weeks, with no supply problems. That's a lot of phones. So either someone got caught with their pants down, or HTC is having delivery problems on the Incredible.

I am beginning to think it is a combination of both. In other words. HTC has 350k units ready for launch thinking it will sell really well. Incredible launches and demand far outstrips even their wildest dreams. Same goes for the Desire in Europe. Hell there is NO way HTC could have even imagined that the Desire was going to be the run away hit it is. In HTC's defense even though meeting demand has cause some delays, it is far better to make most people happy than to have 500k phones sitting in boxes that no one wants.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I ordered my daughter the Incredible (as a graduation present) on 5/8 and was told that it would not ship until 5/29. At that time Verizon told me that they had sold over 450,000 on release day. Well yesterday I received an email that the Incredible shipped and I would have it Friday 5/14. I called Verizon to confirm that this was correct and they said yes. They said that HTC has been working day and night to get a grip on the backorders. So even though they are saying 6/1, in reality it may not be that long.