DROID Incredible 2 Press Shots Revealed Along with Red Eye

loki993

Reaction score

Exactly right. Should be exactly these specs. Not a slouch at all. Imagine a thinner TB without 4G and a 4.0" screen. Not a bad setup.

Yeah no 4G is a dealbreaker for me though. I really think it should have had it. It would have been my perfect phone if not for that.

I'm not sure if I regret my Thunderbolt now or not...

LTE trumps *

If I read the stats right, this phone basically has the same hardware as the Thunderbolt??? Same Ram, Processor, etc... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Which means it should absolutly fly, espeically after its rooted.

yiannis

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I regret my Thunderbolt now or not...

LTE trumps *

Keep in mind some people aren't in LTE areas and some LTE areas are still getting stable, so for some, a 3G phone with the same specs as the TB, except thinner and a hair smaller is a very good thing.

It is also a support for a business model that releases phones that will be significantly inferior in the near future. Even if I lived in a 3G only area I would prefer a 4G phone.

loki993

Reaction score
LTE trumps *

Keep in mind some people aren't in LTE areas and some LTE areas are still getting stable, so for some, a 3G phone with the same specs as the TB, except thinner and a hair smaller is a very good thing.

It is also a support for a business model that releases phones that will be significantly inferior in the near future. Even if I lived in a 3G only area I would prefer a 4G phone.

Agreed. At this point in not sure why theyre releasing ANY phone thats not 4g capable. Let alone so many of them and top of the line ones.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
loki993;1442095 Which means it should absolutly fly said:
Exactly, I'm sitting on a rooted thunderbolt. At 1.0Ghz with a custom Kernel this thing FLIES!!!!! With 1.2ghz, there's no visible lag. At 1.4Ghz the phone can keep up with anything I do with absolutely no lag. I'm loving it :)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Agreed. At this point in not sure why theyre releasing ANY phone thats not 4g capable. Let alone so many of them and top of the line ones.

If the Inc2 has a sales price the same as the TB, I'd agree. But I'm betting it will sell at a slightly lower price. Convincing NON-TECH people to go ahead and purchase a phone that is 4G capable when 4G won't be in their area for another year to two years, if at all, is near impossible. There isn't enough 4G in place yet to shift all phones over. The spectrum still has to be covered.

And no, it isn't a grand conspiracy to sell inferior equipment for the heck of it. Many people still want the 3G and not the 4G. There is a demand for it, even if the demand isn't from you.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also I think the lack of the lte sim card & radio will mean one less thing to worry about for devs.

xrayeyes

Reaction score
Will 3G phones reach faster capabilities (up to their full potential) when more and more people sign on to 4G?