Droid INC running Android 2.2

pepatrick

Reaction score
Experience running Android 2.2 on the INC. I followed the step to update the radio and used it for a coupld of days. Then I downloaded the froyo rom and installed it. I did not wipe my DInc and everything is working perfectly. This was relatively easy and did not take that long of a time. It actually took longer to update the radio than 2.2. I highly recommend this update.

Philip

OP
P

pepatrick

Reaction score
It does include 720p. That was part of the radio upgrade...It also includes 3g hot spot and all the other neat stuff they said it would. Just noticed that wireless N...does not appear to be working...hmmmmmmm

Bowtie

Reaction score
With the announcement of the OTA coming this weekend, I think I might wait until next week to see if it comes about, if not, then some rooting will be done.

M

M1dnite

I've had Froyo for weeks on my DINC, and I'm using a Custom Rom. it's pain free, just pay attention to details.

OP
P

pepatrick

Reaction score
We have been hearing about OTA update for weeks. Im not holding my breath.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
We have been hearing about OTA update for weeks. Im not holding my breath.

Yes you have. But I can assure you I wouldn't be posting something about it personally if I wasn't very sure about where I'm getting the information from. I'm getting it from somewhere far different than from a rep at a store or from articles online.

Is there a possibility it won't roll this weekend? Anything can happen and usually does, but we have been tracking this all week and the answer is still staying consistent regarding this weekend.

As I mentioned in the other thread, as soon as I have even more concrete info, I will post it immediately.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks jkhonea for working keeping us updated.

Lucidpsychosis

Reaction score
I guess this is as good of a place as anywhere to ask this: I am woefully bad at computer software. I can talk about hardware all day, but I am quite ignorant when it comes to software. OS 2.2 looks awesome, but I'm afraid that I would just mess up my phone if I tried to install it myself or whatever. Will there be an official update to 2.2 that is relatively simple for people who are software illiterate? I'm getting either the Incredible or the X in 10 days (I'm still unsure which), and I want 2.2 without messing up my phone. I don't think I'll bother to root for this reason.

barbee

Reaction score
rooting has become a super easy process, but, if you're uncomfortable with it i would recommend waiting for the OTA upgrade from VZW. When they rolll the update out it will be a one button upgrade without having to wipe anything off the phone.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I guess this is as good of a place as anywhere to ask this: I am woefully bad at computer software. I can talk about hardware all day, but I am quite ignorant when it comes to software. OS 2.2 looks awesome, but I'm afraid that I would just mess up my phone if I tried to install it myself or whatever. Will there be an official update to 2.2 that is relatively simple for people who are software illiterate? I'm getting either the Incredible or the X in 10 days (I'm still unsure which), and I want 2.2 without messing up my phone. I don't think I'll bother to root for this reason.

Within ten days, I would almost bet the software will already be preloaded on them.

Nomsy79

Reaction score
Quick question in regards to the update. For those that have already rooted their phone with 2.2, when they officially release the update, will those with rooted phones still get the update notification? Would users have to update the "leaked version"? I'm new to all of this, so I've been doing a lot of reading about rooting and such. Haven't tried it yet so I want to make sure I have all basis covered.

Thanks in advanced. Love this forum!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
From my understanding, you'll need to load your own updates once you root. The programming that allows you to root may recognize the official update coming down as the OTA but should kill it.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From my understanding, you'll need to load your own updates once you root. The programming that allows you to root may recognize the official update coming down as the OTA but should kill it.

+1

To my knowledge its actually the recovery that blocks it. But for root user I would imagine within days maybe hours a rooted version of the OTA will become available. So don't worry yourself to much. Your in good hands.