Timeframe before pulling the battery during update

mtaylor

Reaction score
New to the forum, thanks for everything...
I recently "attempted" to perform a radio upgrade on a stock Inc (non-rooted) via the instructions in this post (and over at XDA).
I made sure that I followed the "non-root" instructions and only downloaded/installed the non-root update (previously dinc-ota.zip) and even checked the md5.

Followed everything to the letter and appeared to be good...took the update, rebooted at least twice and is hung on the "htc Incredible" splash screen - for over 45 minutes.

I have performed updates in the past with no problems and this appeared to be on the same track. I can't see how this is continuing to install and I was thinking of pulling the battery.

Any thoughts from those of you that may have experienced this or similar issues?

Thanks in advance.

OP
M

mtaylor

Reaction score
Update

Well, I waited nearly two hours and nothing changed. I pulled the power and when I restart, I get the same screen...
I guess I can assume that the phone is bricked?

Anyone have a suggestion on how to recover from here?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Well, I waited nearly two hours and nothing changed. I pulled the power and when I restart, I get the same screen...
I guess I can assume that the phone is bricked?

Anyone have a suggestion on how to recover from here?

Your phone shouldn't be bricked if you're at least getting to that screen. Drop a note in the Rescue Squad forum and they will take care of you. Sorry, I was out all morning or I would have been back with you sooner. You're really only bricked if the screen doesn't come up with no LED or anything.