Failed radio update? Where now - am I bricked? Incredible.

mtaylor

Reaction score
jkhunea recommended that I post here regarding a "failed" radio update that I performed. The thread that I followed is Droid Incredible Froyo 2.2 Leaked OTA version here. I just performed the radio (non-rooted) update and stopped prior to the unrevoked3 rooting procedure.

My device is not rooted and was recently factory reset (internal reset in the Android OS). Nothing special on the device, just trying to upgrade the radio so I could tether.

I followed everything to the letter and everything with the update appeared normal. It took approx 15 minutes prior to the last reboot when no further progress was made.

I waited nearly two hours before pulling the plug as the device would not boot past the "htc Incredible" splash screen (after applying update) and booting at least twice on its own.

I cannot get to the bootloader/recovery screen any longer and I am only presented with the "htc" screen as mentioned. I tried the power/vol down buttons (and the vol up just to be sure) and get nothing but the splash screen.

I plugged the device into a Windows computer and the hardware wizard saw it as a qualcomm device and could not load a driver. I was considering the use of the unrevoked3 software as a way around but cannot get to debugging portion of the device.

If the device is off, I get the re-charge led (amber), if turned on, I get the screen mentioned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am very frustrated.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
(Had to ask) Did you pull the batt and retry getting into the bootloader?

So you did get the 2.2 OTA onto it and it booted ok, and it was afterwards that this started, or you never got that far?

OP
M

mtaylor

Reaction score
(Had to ask) Did you pull the batt and retry getting into the bootloader?

Ya, when I said pull the plug, I should've said pulled the battery and the plug (charger). I removed all power from the device and attempted to reboot normally and into the bootloader - no avail.

So you did get the 2.2 OTA onto it and it booted ok, and it was afterwards that this started, or you never got that far?

I followed the directions for a radio update (baseband) only. I didn't attempt the 2.2 OS update. If you check out the link in my post, you can view exactly what I tried. It appeared to work...but apparently did not?

Hope that all makes sense.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To help you, explain to me what you did. I can read the guide but that does not tell me what you did.

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
I am rooted on my HTC Incredible and I'm trying upgrade the Radio to 2.05 I added the PB31IMG.zip to the root of my SD card and powered down and powered up the Bootloader (Power & Vol -). The Thread i'm following said it should start to run automatically but when it powered up nothing happened... I then tried to "install .zip from SD Card" but it's couldn't it told me the file was bad so install was aborted ..... Can someone Please Help Me!!! Thanks!!!

~Srkx~
:greendroid:Overclocked to 1.2 GHZ - LowV:greendroid:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Make sure your sd card is formatted to fat32. Don't try to flash through the recovery. If this is the correct PB31IMG this I am assuming is to get you back to stock with stock recovery?

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Make sure your sd card is formatted to fat32. Don't try to flash through the recovery. If this is the correct PB31IMG this I am assuming is to get you back to stock with stock recovery?

Yes i'm trying to get back to stock w/ stock recovery so I can do the Radio 2.05.xx update! So i just need to format the card to fat32 then open into the bootloader??

Srkx

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The bootloader will look for it and find it by itself. But yes fat32.

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Someone, anyone help!!!!!

Doug!! ..... Buddy!! Someone Help!!! I am in the process of doing the radio 2.xx update. I unroot back to stock did that! Went to load the update.zip ( dinc_ota.zip ) When i rebooted into recovery to load the update.zip my phone is only showing a Dinc with an Explanation Point.... now i'm really worried!! Someone Please Help!!!!

~Srkx~

cj5 buggy

Reaction score

Doug!! ..... Buddy!! Someone Help!!! I am in the process of doing the radio 2.xx update. I unroot back to stock did that! Went to load the update.zip ( dinc_ota.zip ) When i rebooted into recovery to load the update.zip my phone is only showing a Dinc with an Explanation Point.... now i'm really worried!! Someone Please Help!!!!

~Srkx~

so is this still like this? I'm currently in this position also. still reading and researching.

thanks,

cj5 buggy

Reaction score
ooops, typed to fast. went back and press "power+volume up" and it showed the recovery mode.

lets hope this works as i'm on call this week :icon_eek:

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Nope I got it to work just fine you just have to hit vol + & power at the "exact" same time!! Let me know if you need anything else!!

~Srkx~
:greendroid:ROM: Sky Raider 2.5.2 Sense Froyo (2.2):greendroid:
:greendroid:Theme: BlueRaider Version 2 - Detox Mix!:greendroid:
:greendroid:Overclocked to 1.2 GHZ - UltraLowV:greendroid:
:greendroid: www.twitter.com - @SrkxMokwi:greendroid: