Droid in Europe / Milestone in US

Luxury

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm from Europe, but I go to college in the US. I spend at least 7 months a year in the US, and at least half the remaining time in Europe. I would like to be able to use my Droid in both continents.

1. As far as I understand, the US Droid is dual band, meaning I can't use it in Europe. Is this correct?
  2. If it does support EU frequencies, is it possible for me to take out my US SIM/subscription card and put in my European one while in EU, or would I need an unlocked Droid for that?

And vice versa,

1. I understand the Milestone is quad band, so it supports US frequencies (correct?). But would I be able to use a US SIM/subscription while in the US?
  2. I also saw the Milestone is due for release in Canada in 2010. Would I be able to use this one in the US and in Europe?

Thanks in advance.

OP
L

Luxury

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate the insights. Would the Canadian Milestone change anything about the above?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thanks guys, I appreciate the insights. Would the Canadian Milestone change anything about the above?

IIRC they Canadian and European Models are the same...but not 100% sure on that.

**Correction...See post below**

Last edited:

Topsy

Reaction score
Ya afraid that's correct.

Seems the only option at this time is the Milestone.
It will work here, just be limited to 2G, which is a big bummer.

DanSan

Reaction score
so the CDMA version of this phone is considered the "droid" while the other version based off SIM cards is called the milestone?