Verizon Droid with Nimbuzz in Europe?

ScottPV

Reaction score
Has anyone used Nimbuzz on a Verizon Droid in Europe?

I have it working with Skype Out (voice) over WiFi in the US. Will I be able to do the same thing in Europe??

Scott

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I just replied in the one Skype thread, but I guess I replied to 'has anyone used this' specifically.

WiFi follows the same standard I believe, independent of country. I've had friends from Britain, South Africa, and other countries get on wireless networks here with their foreign laptops and it's worked fine. Odds are, using a US Moto Droid to access WiFi, whether for Skype service via Nimbuzz or anything else should work fine.

OP
S

ScottPV

Reaction score
I just replied in the one Skype thread, but I guess I replied to 'has anyone used this' specifically.

WiFi follows the same standard I believe, independent of country. I've had friends from Britain, South Africa, and other countries get on wireless networks here with their foreign laptops and it's worked fine. Odds are, using a US Moto Droid to access WiFi, whether for Skype service via Nimbuzz or anything else should work fine.

I am thinking the same way. But I sure would like to get a solid confirmation. I need to keep in touch with customers and do not want to depend on Laptop/Skype. Its hard to pull skype from a laptop in a taxi, etc.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
It's not Europe, but I do know someone that used their iPhone's Wifi in Costa Rica instead of using at&t's roaming service. The Skype minutes over WiFi were cheaper than the 3G roaming.

WiFi will operate the same no matter who manufactures the device (as long as they built it with working antennas! dancedroid)

OP
S

ScottPV

Reaction score
I less worried about the wifi working and more worried about Nimbuzz working.

"Paranoia will destroy ya"