Droid Forum app keeps disappearing

LadyRev

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem with the Droid Forum app disappearing off your Bionic? It's happened to me three times now. The icon is still on my home screen where I put it but when I try to open it, I get "this application is not installed on your phone". This after I've used it, so it worked each time I installed it. It just seems to disappear a few days later. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Make sure you're installing on the internal memory and not to SD card. It's a known issue with the Bionic. Plenty of internal space anyway, so no real need to install apps to SD.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Same problem. Multiple threads on the issue of dissapearing apps, but not sure if there is a definite answer yet.

OP
L

LadyRev

Reaction score
Just moved the app to internal storage. Hope that fixes it! Thanks!

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yep, that'll definitely fix it. As has been said before, your Bionic has 4GB of internal memory reserved for apps. That's a TON of space. And that space can't be used for anything else - so use it! No need to move apps to SD like we've been trained to do on our outdated old phones (can you say OG Droid?)

Ansa82

Reaction score
Make sure you're installing on the internal memory and not to SD card. It's a known issue with the Bionic. Plenty of internal space anyway, so no real need to install apps to SD.

Droid forums uninstalls for me also! How exactly do I install it to phone?? Thanks!

rza49311

Reaction score
Droid forums uninstalls for me also! How exactly do I install it to phone?? Thanks!

From your home screen, click the menu button > manage apps and find droidforums > tap > locate "move to phone" button.

drogers

Reaction score
here i thought itwuz jus me

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just moved the app to internal storage. Hope that fixes it! Thanks!

Hi LadyRev, can you confirm that this method has worked for you? Thanks!

ripper2860

Reaction score
I had the exact same issue. Droid Forums app was the only app disappearing despite multiple installs. Moved the app to phone as described earlier and whammo -- haven't lost the app in over a week!!

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks ripper2860, I'm glad that fixed it! :icon_ banana:

TatDroid

Reaction score
From your home screen, click the menu button > manage apps and find droidforums > tap > locate "move to phone" button.
There's actually a step missing here. After "manage apps " look at the top of the screen and tap on "media area". Then scroll down the page and click on any apps that are checked to move them to internal phone storage area. NOTHING should be checked in the media area.

Reaction score
I've made sure that the app is on the phone yet it still disappears. It's getting old opening it via the market.

FastEddie

Reaction score
I have had 2 phones they all do it. I was told today by. A Verizon teck that their is an update coming OTA of ICS to fix all issues.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I've made sure that the app is on the phone yet it still disappears. It's getting old opening it via the market.

Really? That's the first i've heard that keeping apps on the phone's internal storage didn't solve the issue. The DroidForums app auto installs to the media area, so right after installing you have to move it.