Apps Disappearing?

Reaction score
So over the past 24 hrs I have had a few apps either disappear completely (games) or other utility apps such as Droid Forums and Droid Life uninstall, leaving the homescreen widget I had placed still there. When I go to click on it, I get a message saying this app does not exist. What gives?? Ive probably re-dl'd those apps 3 time a piece now (first time I moved to sd, 2nd and 3rd I did not) Anyone else having this problem?

lazarus2297

Reaction score
i did have the droidforums app and howardforums app "disappear" it happened to me right after I installed adw launcher. i just made sure i moved them both to the phone area instead of media area and haven't had them disappear since.. it was the first time i can remember having apps disappear..

Zath

Reaction score
DROID forums dissapears every once ins while. The icon is the default DROID error icon but the program still runs if u click it. I've also had it completely remove after a reboot

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The default place apps are loaded is the sd-media area which is NOT where they should be. You need to move them to the phone area and they won't vanish.

I don't know how to change the default.

dredger

Reaction score
I had this issue when moving apps to the sd card. A reboot after the move brought all but one back to my app list.

endobrian

Reaction score
Yep, don't install any apps to the media drive, just media. Install to your SD.