Apps disappear after Bugless Beast Upgrade?

nygh

Reaction score
Ok so amazon mp3 has completely disappeared and I loved that app. Also, Raging thunder lite stopped working along with a few other apps I had on my desktop and when I went to uninstall they didnt even show up on my manage apps list. I then went to the market to re download and it showed them already installed. What gives?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know.....but the Amazon app I think, is supposed to be gone...the dev removes all the apps that no one uses like Amazon mp3, Visual Voicemail, Corporate Calender, Email, etc.....I guess you might be the only person that liked Amazon mp3!! lol

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, without fear of being ridiculed (well at least not much), if I am the only person in the world that uses Visual Voicemail :), what should I use when I make the plunge this week and get rooted and go BB? I do need voicemail for my job.

jasonb

Reaction score
you can redownload and install the amazon mp3 app. pete has a link to the apk in the same page on alldroid that you download his rom from. i used amazon mp3 a couple times before installing BB so i put it back on in case i ever decide to use it again.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check your system files. There is a good chance that the apps were not actually removed, but just renamed with the .bak file extension so that they don't show in your app draw. If you actually go through and remove them completely, from reading stuff before, then you run the chance of some major issues down the road. Then again it has been awhile since I read that, so I could be wrong at this point. I know I run glass V4 and have also run glass V3 and Sholes and visual vm, amazon, email corp, were all just renamed or changed through adb shell by me from .apk to .bak. So they are there and with adb shell you can rename them and bring them back. Unless they found a way around this.. which could be the case.. again don't quote me on this.. :)