Droid Eris rom reviews

RootedEris

Reaction score
erislightning- disliked not overclocked enough

tainted vanilla-favorite one so far been using it for a while

erislightningbolt 2.5 any one know how this is thinking about flashing it ?

mentaloaf

Reaction score
When did Eris get rooted? Can you point me in the right direction? My wife wants me to root her's...she's got 2.1 on there.

jrozga

Reaction score
I like,
Evil Eris 3.0 with the overclocked widget
pure eris 2.0 would be way sweet if it could reboot

I dant have the link to the post, but someone on DF has a nice list of updated Roms with links for the Eris.

Sent from my PC with my keyboard:icon_ banana:

OP
R

RootedEris

Reaction score
tryed zen exp too was pissed because it wouldnt let me change the wallpaper unless i pushed new themes with adb and that wasnt working out,

other then that zenExp Rev 7 would be my favorite its blue themed blue battery blue notification icons its pretty sweet but like i said had trouble with wallpaper and overclocking

i need feed back from someone with lightning bolt 2.5 is it fast? how does it look?

OP
R

RootedEris

Reaction score
nah dude you can root from 2.1 thats what i did ....sorry that vid prolly had the leaked 2.1 root thingy, .....hmmm im lookin for you, cant seem to remember what image i used....i actually might have used a 1.5-2.1 but it says that its not supposed to work idk man if i find it ill post it here

on the other hand i hear about froyo all the time What is It? rumor has it i can get 2.2 on my eris through froyo ......would love if yya iformed me a little

riadav

Reaction score
You can root with 2.1 if your hboot is <1.49 I believe...there's another thread that gives the details.

OP
R

RootedEris

Reaction score
alright i got somethin for ya ( i did it with tainted vanilla cause alot of sense stuff is already gone so all i had to do was flash to zips and my phone was tons faster)

go android forums and look up how to replace sens with jit its sick my phone is pushin 5.3 MFlops and ran a 305 on the quadrant benchmark

i can notice a little difference in speed (not alot) but it boots super fast, and runs mutiple apps smoother .....look into it its sweet

OC'd at 768

Last edited:

mentaloaf

Reaction score
nah dude you can root from 2.1 thats what i did ....sorry that vid prolly had the leaked 2.1 root thingy, .....hmmm im lookin for you, cant seem to remember what image i used....i actually might have used a 1.5-2.1 but it says that its not supposed to work idk man if i find it ill post it here

on the other hand i hear about froyo all the time What is It? rumor has it i can get 2.2 on my eris through froyo ......would love if yya iformed me a little

When I first got my moto droid my wife already had the eris. I had no idea they were so different. Froyo is the Android 2.2 update that hasn't been released to the public yet. I know that rooted moto droids like mine have access to leaked versions and the dev genius' like pete have already made some awesome custom roms from it like the bugless beast froyo rom (0.2.1) I have on my phone....I haven't the slightest idea if anyone has done this for you eris guys yet but Im sure if you do some digging around you 'll find it

btw, I'm overclocked to 1.2 ghz and got a 1650 quadrant this evening

OP
R

RootedEris

Reaction score
what are some features of 2.2 ?

lucky the moto is so much faster then the eris i can only overclock mine to like 768 and thats with it tricked out

OP
R

RootedEris

Reaction score
Eris needs froyo SOON checked out the alpha version but its way too unstable with bugs and stuff ......someone needs to get a froyo rom functioning for the er-ass

oldsjunkie

Reaction score
I think the Froyo ROM for Eris is getting close. Can't wait to try it out! And RootedEris, ErisLightningBolt is on V2.7 now. I've been running it for about a week. It is pretty snappy. I average about 4.5 MFLOPS on Linpack clocked at 710. It's based on a Cyanogen ROM and has a lot of nice features. I would recommend flashing it. Conap, the Dev at XDA that assembled it has done a real nice job with it!

titansfan10

Reaction score
So if I have a stock 2.1 one that came that way from factory. Can someone tell me how to root it and overclock please?

oldsjunkie

Reaction score
Just google "droid eris root".then After you get root, pick a rom that has oc.there are a lot to choose from.