Droid Eris Flashing Help!!!

SirRoot

Reaction score
I bought a phone off ebay (droid eris) and it came flashed to work on the cricket service. I need it to work on my verizon carrier. How would I go about doing this.

Can someone point me in the direction of a guide or explain what I have to do.

-Thanks,
SirRoot

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't get a lot of traffic from people with the Eris. I moved you here because this is really the best place for you to get an answer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I misread your post the first time around. The trouble with buying a phone off eBay and having it flashed with Cricket already is first you have to have Cricket remove the device. That's got to be done by the former owner. This looks really fishy to me.

Nobody sells a device with service on it already, and frequently phones with a bad ESN on Verizon, Cricket will flash.

I have a feeling you may have got ripped off.

OP
S

SirRoot

Reaction score
I gave verizon the MEID and they didnt have a problem with it. They just couldnt program it bc it was flashed for another carrier

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gave verizon the MEID and they didnt have a problem with it. They just couldnt program it bc it was flashed for another carrier

Well like I said somebody has that account. Why would anyone sell a phone and not turn the service off? Would you? Of course not.

I guess you're going to have to ask the person you bought it from if they know what's going on. Seems very, very strange to me.

OP
S

SirRoot

Reaction score
hmmm any ideas tho how to remove cricket and go back to verizon

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Best advice is to check over on Howard forum...they have step by steps about flashing multiple phones TO cricket. Maybe that have one to flash back.....I honestly have no idea if they do but its worth a shot??

thunder out