Droid Eris still with 1.5...

elijahhh1

Reaction score
I have an Eris that is still running 1.5 firmware. I bought it off of ebay a couple of months ago, and I still haven't received the update. Called verizon and told me to wait for it to show up and then went to a verizon store and they said there is nothing I can do. Anyone have any ideas or if i can still root it and put froyo 2.2 on it with the 1.5 firmware?

OP
E

elijahhh1

Reaction score
I did check that out, just wasn't sure if I could still root my phone and put the 2.2 on it while its still running 1.5

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you can root 1.5 you can root your Eris.

There is no benefit or detriment to starting off at 1.5 before putting 2.2 on. Another option would be to follow this guide:

[ROM]KaosFroyo V38 [10/28] [FROYO] - xda-developers will result in you having a modified CyanogenMod ROM installed.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At one time, there WAS an issue with rooting your phone if you weren't running the "stock" v1.5 . The "leaked versions of 2.0/2.1 broke root and patched the exploit. Just download the "HTC Eris one touch Root" app from the market, and you will be set.

OP
E

elijahhh1

Reaction score
I couldn't find the Eris one touch root app on the market so i tried with the one touch root from the file. I think I'm just screwed with having the 1.5 on it because it says "Eris Root could not be performed on this phone."

OP
E

elijahhh1

Reaction score
with this i just download to my computer then put it onto the eris?