Droid E Switch????

amiller8989

Reaction score
I recently purchased my new Droid X the other day. Great phone.

I asked the rep about the PDAnet so I can teather my phone to computer to get wireless anywhere. The rep said don't do that because the new droids have E-switches that activate when the software runs and will fry the phone.

I have been researching and it seems that he was flat out lying to me.

Has anybody with a droid X have this app with no negative consequences?

Thanks!!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
A lot of people use PDAnet. Have you tried searching the forums for existing discussions?

OP
A

amiller8989

Reaction score
I have done that. I haven't found the answers I need. My phone isn't rooted and I don't want to root it. So I want to know if I can use that app with an inrooted new droid.

ncdub

Reaction score
My opinion, and just my opinion, a lot of the VZW reps don't know half as much about these phones as the great people on the forums. With that said, if the guy (or gal) was talking about the eFuse chip then that has nothing to do with tethering. Install pdanet and tether away!

Or, you could use Z4root, root really quick, install TBH's 3G hot spot nvram hack, unroot, and tether from your 3G for free! Lol!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

My opinion, and just my opinion, a lot of the VZW reps don't know half as much about these phones as the great people on the forums. With that said, if the guy (or gal) was talking about the eFuse chip then that has nothing to do with tethering. Install pdanet and tether away!

Or, you could use Z4root, root really quick, install TBH's 3G hot spot nvram hack, unroot, and tether from your 3G for free! Lol!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

agreed. you can download Z4 from my sig and the tether patch is in FRM also in the sig.

like it was said before, they were talking about the bootloader, nothing to do with tethering