oh no droid

Reaction score
I have several concerns with Droid's e-mail capability:

1) Today and for the last few days, several times, the e-mail client hung in Loading Messages.... mode and nothing short of powering down would get it to stop. Today, I discovered that I missed e-mail for a few hours for this reason. And worse, after rebooting the Droid, I still could not retrieve the missing mail that my desktop could retrieve.

2) Not being able to create folders is a huge shortcoming.

3) Not being able to cut and paste from one e-mail to another is another huge shortcoming. I use e-mail templates to respond to clients quickly by copying and pasting and editing and on the Droid this is impossible to accomplish.

4) I purchased Documents To Go and still, after a software update, I can not view most .pdf files sent to me. Some are viewable. The unviewable ones are always viewable on my desktop pc.

5) A large business critical spreadsheet will not load into Documents To Go. It starts and then freezes. Dataviz support is useless as they blame the Droid for every problem.

Please, please, someone produce a reasonably capable e-mail program for this otherwise wonderful phone or I, and I suspect many others will have to sell it and go back to what works.

Joe Mags

Reaction score
Hey moosc,

Who are you the forum police? The OP has legitimate questions/concerns so he made his post in three different sections. Maybe he felt he would get more or better feedback this way? Your response added less than nothing to this forum.

To the OP,

I too have documents to go and so far have had good luck with the pdf and word viewing. I have not tried the spreadsheet viewer so can't comment there. For email I downloaded K9 Mail and this has many more options than the default client. The only problem I had after installing K9 was dialing in the various notification options of K9 and the default mail client so I wouldn't get double notifications when mail arrived. I think you will ultimately find the right combination of apps and I think app development will skyrocket in 2010. Well I hope anyway. Take care and good luck.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hey moosc,

Who are you the forum police? The OP has legitimate questions/concerns so he made his post in three different sections

Actually it's called cross-posting......Spamming the Board......Generally frowned upon.