Droid Does: only English and Spanish?

Pancake

Reaction score
The only choices in select locale for me on my Droid are English and Spanish, despite the fact that I am currently living in France. I've looked around, and there's surprisingly little information out there about other language choices (aside from app talk on Korean/Chinese language packs, and so on).

So, is it necessary to install some type of language pack or app to chance the interface/OS language to, say, French? Or German? It seems very surprising that a device like this doesn't come with built in language support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, love the forums - longtime reader, but rarely a talker.

OP
Pancake

Pancake

Reaction score
Some help would be greatly appreciated on this issue from any of you bilingual droid'ers out there.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post to let you know that we aren't ignoring you, you just have a unique situation

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to point you for an answer to this question.... I'm looking however.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I should point out that the Droid is not a world phone. Yes, all it does is English and Spanish.

OP
Pancake

Pancake

Reaction score
Alright. Thanks for the responses, all. Does anyone know of language apps or packs that can change the interface language? Or is this something that isn't possible?

ytwokc5

Reaction score
I should point out that the Droid is not a world phone. Yes, all it does is English and Spanish.

I think Bill is right on with his assessment. Would not make much sense to include language support for French for a CDMA phone...

The Motorola Milestone which is a world phone supports many languages. Maybe a rooted Droid with a custom rom that supports other languages is out there?

nelsonnebraska

Reaction score
Spb Mobile Shell is a third party user interface that can be used as a replacement for Touch Flo 3D on Windows Mobile devices. It is produced by Spb Softwarehouse and it supports 25 languages . You can use this and convert the language to which you want.