Droid Does Math

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Thanks to Valkf6 on another thread, I learned that by using the voice search I can do math problems, conversions, percentages, etc. I did not know this, so I thought others might be interested. No need for a tip calculator when I can just long press the search button and say 20% of 65.56 and get an instant answer.

Examples:

What is 25.3 divided by 7?
Convert 1/2 cup to tablespoons
What is the cosine of 25?
Convert 15 kilometers to mile

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Valkf6 on another thread, I learned that by using the voice search I can do math problems, conversions, percentages, etc. I did not know this, so I thought others might be interested. No need for a tip calculator when I can just long press the search button and say 20% of 65.56 and get an instant answer.

Examples:

See these are things I never would of thought of. Just everyday there is something new I learn about the phone. Yes, I know voice search but I'm still amazed at what it can do.

Briankbl

Reaction score

Examples:

I knew regular Google Search could do math problems, but I never thought to use the voice search for this. Surprised how well voice recog. works for numbers, measurements, etc. Nice find!

Briankbl

Reaction score
As cool as it is to just say a math problem, usually I need it for more complex stuff. Been using one of the free scientific calcs, happy with it so far.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
SWEET, that is a really cool find. Could def be a cool trick to show people (iPhony users):icon_ banana:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
oh man i didn't know that either nor would i take the time to discover it myself.

this will be really helpful in my Stats class.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
You know I used this the other day to convert metric into inches. Never thought about using it for a tip calculator though, as I do use my tip calculator from time to time. This will be very helpful.

Thanks for the tip. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to try it of course and it sure did work. I want to show my wife, but either she will just nod her head or it won't work when I try to show her. I have bad luck showing off my Droid to her.

tu3218

Reaction score
wow that is soo cool. Month an a half into having this phone and I'm still finding out new really cool features. DROID DOES

SGTiger

Reaction score
Here's a list of google search's shortcuts. A lot of these work great with the Droid's voice search. I wish there was a master list of those that work the best with Droid. Check these out:

Search Features

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I'll have to give it at shot.