Droid compatibility with MS Outlook

fwarren

Reaction score
I want to ditch my Blackberry for a Droid 2 Global or Droid Pro. My biggest issue is that I use MS Outlook for contacts, calendar, and email. On the Blackberry it is near seemless, but of course our company runs a Blackberry server to support this. I also sync the BB with my home computer so that my phone, work computer and home office all have the latest data. From many of the posts I have read, the MS Outlook compatibility appears to be only partial and high maintenance. Bottom line: Is the Droid compatible with MS Office? AND will I have an easy sync and update with the Droid. OR should I keep the BB?
Thanks.

dast

Reaction score
Are you trying to sync up a Droid with a corporate Exchange server directly (which doesn't involve messing with Outlook), or are you just trying to sync contacts/etc between your Droid and Outlook?

I've not tried the later, but the former works quite well for me with the Exchange server my employer runs.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Get Touchdown ($20) and never look back....Flawless integration with exchange.

OP
F

fwarren

Reaction score
I actually want both corporate and sync with home.

dast

Reaction score
I cannot speak to syncing with Outlook, but like I said, my D2 had no problems at all with setting up my corporate Exchange account using the stock mail app. All I had to do was go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account and add a corporate sync account. Put in my info and it worked great.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

companionlink

Reaction score
As mentioned above, setting up an Exchange account is fairly straightforward. Without an exchange account, syncing with Outlook requires a little more work, but is still pretty easy to do. At CompanionLink, we've actually created a guide for switching from BlackBerry to Android. It's full of useful information, including details on how to use CompanionLink to sync contacts/calendars/etc with Outlook. You can grab the guide for free here. I'd recommend checking it out for more than just that, though. It's got some good app recommendations to help make the transition easier as well!

Oh, and for even more Outlook sync options, check out SyncDroid. If you end up downloading the free trial of CompanionLink and need any help, or have any questions about our features, just let me know!

- David Z