Droid camera will not focus

shankomatic

Reaction score
I have an orginal Droid and the camera will no longer focus for me. I have tried resets, battery pulls, cleaning the lenses, and checking and verifying and changing all of the camera settings.

It appears the camera is stuck in Macro mode. If I take a picture of a computer keyboard from six inches away it is clear as day. If I go much further away everything blurs. The screen shows the red boxes on the corners of the screen and will not go to green.

Any suggestions?

OP
S

shankomatic

Reaction score
Ok.. I tried everything I could think of (Including a factory reset) with no success. For the heck of it I stoped by the Verizon store to have them look at the phone. The guy pull the battery (which has been done several times). Looked the numbers on the sticker behind the battery. Checked my account on the computer, powered the phone back on and the camera worked.

The only thing he did (that he admited to) is pull the battery. Could he have triggered a special update/hotfix to be pushed down to my phone? Any way to tell if any updates were applied?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok.. I tried everything I could think of (Including a factory reset) with no success. For the heck of it I stoped by the Verizon store to have them look at the phone. The guy pull the battery (which has been done several times). Looked the numbers on the sticker behind the battery. Checked my account on the computer, powered the phone back on and the camera worked.

The only thing he did (that he admited to) is pull the battery. Could he have triggered a special update/hotfix to be pushed down to my phone? Any way to tell if any updates were applied?

When you pull the battery, you're suppose to wait at least 30 seconds to allow the capacitors to discharge. If he did it like that I suppose it could have had some effect.

No, no special update was pushed to your phone. Last update was like 2 or 3 months ago, maybe longer.

OP
S

shankomatic

Reaction score
Yes I originally pulled the battery for over a minute. Now this afternoon the camera is acting up again.

I have noticed a pattern. On all of my out of focus pictures the Exposure time is much longer. Most of my good pictures have exposure times from 1/60sec up to 1/996sec. Most of the blurry ones have 1/15sec exposure time.