Droid Bionic won't turn on

stphndemos

Reaction score
My phone currently seems to be stuck in a strange state where when I try to turn it on, it will get to the red booting animation, but it won't get past that. It will just stay there for as long as I leave it. It is fully charged, and I have tried taking out the battery for a while, as well as the SIM card and the SD card. I have also tried to plug it in to various places and tried turning it on not plugged in, and holding various combinations of the three buttons while it was turning on. The only one that even remotely did anything was holding all three, and that just froze the animation for a second, and then the phone shut off. The phone is just standard android, newest version for the Bionic (I think it is 4.0.2).

I don't know if anyone knows what the issue could be at all, but any help would be great, because getting a new phone would be a hassle.

Thanks!

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try this - turn it off if you can (you might have to do a battery pull). Press and hold both the vol up and vol down then press the power button. Let go of all three. You should boot into a menu that has normal boot, recovery, etc. with Normal Boot highlighted. Press the vol up button and see if that will boot.

diablo81588

Reaction score
You're bootlooping. You need to do a factory reset. Turn the phone off by pulling the battery. Hold down volume down and power at the same time, then let go. Volume down to recovery, volume up to select. When the android appears, press volume up and down at the same time. Scroll down to wipe data factory reset using the volume key, then press power to select. After the reset is finished, reboot the phone. That should solve your problem, but you will lose all data if you've never backed it up. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

james60470

Reaction score
You're bootlooping. You need to do a factory reset. Turn the phone off by pulling the battery. Hold down volume down and power at the same time, then let go. Volume down to recovery, volume up to select. When the android appears, press volume up and down at the same time. Scroll down to wipe data factory reset using the volume key, then press power to select. After the reset is finished, reboot the phone. That should solve your problem, but you will lose all data if you've never backed it up. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

any other way of doing it without losing all of my photo's? I don't have my stuff backed up because I didn't expect it to do this and I had some important photos on my phone