Droid Bionic + Slingbox?

leland_7

Reaction score
I'm looking to snag a Droid Bionic on the release date. I would like to tap into my TV channels/DVR to watch on my Bionic. As much as we know at this point regarding the Bionic, should this be a problem?

Also, does anyone currently use Slingbox with their smartphone? Does it work well for streaming and DVR access? Is there a better alternative I should be considering? If they cut off the unlimited plan before the DB releases will this kind of access kill my wallet due to data overages?

Awesomeballs.

Reaction score
:)

I'm looking to snag a Droid Bionic on the release date. I would like to tap into my TV channels/DVR to watch on my Bionic. As much as we know at this point regarding the Bionic, should this be a problem?

Also, does anyone currently use Slingbox with their smartphone? Does it work well for streaming and DVR access? Is there a better alternative I should be considering? If they cut off the unlimited plan before the DB releases will this kind of access kill my wallet due to data overages?

Awesomeballs.

I got the thunderbolt and I love it for using slingbox. One of the reason's i got the phone was due to the fact I heard a lot of vzw people as well as on the web say that when they get the iphone 5 they are doing away with unlimted data. Now this could be a rumor but who knows.

The slingbox works great with the thunderbolt. You don't need a ton of bandwith because the slingbox downsizes the video for mobile viewing. I only have 2mb up and that is more then enough. You can access any feature such as on demand or normal channel viewing.

I was ticked the thunderbolt didn't have hdmi out but it's not a big deal to me as I can use twonky to send media to other places.

The Bionic will have hdmi out, and with real hdmi app you will be able to watch something on your slingmobile app and watch it on a hdmi tv at the same time, which is pretty nice.

You probably won't be able to root the phone and you will have motoblur to deal with as well, as long as possibly having to deal with tiered data.

Hope this helps.

OP
leland_7

leland_7

Reaction score
my hope is the DB drops soon so I CAN get the unlimited data!

thanks for the reply man.