Slingbox Ap for Motorola Droid?

Jimi Z

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. Just got my new Motorola Droid yesterday and am loving it thus far. If anyone out there has ANY information on Slingbox being compatible with The Droid, I could use information on that immediately. I have 30 days to keep the phone or return it and stupidly I just assumed that the Droid would work with Slingbox. Slingbox is the awesome unit that allows you to stream whatever is on your Direct TV or Cable to watch remotely on your Smartphone. For us huge sports fans that want TV at the game or anywhere for that matter Slingbox is awesome and there are NO Local Blackouts. If anyone has info, please put something up here....Much appreciated!!!!

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. Just got my new Motorola Droid yesterday and am loving it thus far. If anyone out there has ANY information on Slingbox being compatible with The Droid, I could use information on that immediately. I have 30 days to keep the phone or return it and stupidly I just assumed that the Droid would work with Slingbox. Slingbox is the awesome unit that allows you to stream whatever is on your Direct TV or Cable to watch remotely on your Smartphone. For us huge sports fans that want TV at the game or anywhere for that matter Slingbox is awesome and there are NO Local Blackouts. If anyone has info, please put something up here....Much appreciated!!!!

Welcome to the Forums. I just researched SlingBox and it isn't released yet. It says Coming Soon for Android which means yes when its released to the market it will be compatible on the droid. I definitely wouldn't base buying a smart phone around one app though. Look more at the features of the phone and which Android device suits your needs best. When SlingBox gets released it will most likely be a paid app with the price tag of $29.99 (same price for the app on other devices such as iPhone and Blackberry).

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, Jimi Z! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

MarkO

Reaction score
There is info on the sling website (I believe) that says they have been working with Adobe and that sling will work when Adobe flash 10.1 is released. It shoudl be soon (1st half 2010 Adobe says) and rumor is that they are waiting for 2.1 to release Flash 10.1. If so, you might not even need to pay $30 like you need to with other phones.