Droid BIONIC Jelly Bean UPdate Leaked! Flash NOw!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Team_Black_Hat_logo.png

Team Black Hat is at it again. They have been known in the past for providing pre release leaked versions of the latest OTA updates for all kinds of Motorola devices! Today they released the Jelly Bean update for the Motorola Droid BIONIC! The update should be rolling out to devices officially soon, but if you just can't wait they have you covered! Head to the source link below for the download, transfer the file to your sdcard, boot into stock recovery and install zip from sdcard! If you have the Team Black Hat app it will be available there shortly as well.

Download Via TeamBlackHat

Reaction score
Sorry, root keeper is the app I was referring to. I couldn't remember the exact name. If someone could test and confirm whether it works, that would be great

vcbb10

Reaction score
Voodoo OTA root keeper keeps root. If downloading, I would use the torrent, as other websites are slow or down because of demand for this.

jayman350

Reaction score
FYI, there is not a working root exploit for this build. It may come down the road, but its not looking good so far.

Mixed reports about protecting root and being able to restore it after the update. doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to why it works for some and not others. if you ever have to fxz back to stock, you will lose root and there is currently nothing that can be done about it.

I am staying away from this one until the devs have a chance to really tear into it and find out if a root exploit is even possible.

cmc7941

Reaction score
FYI, there is not a working root exploit for this build. It may come down the road, but its not looking good so far.

Mixed reports about protecting root and being able to restore it after the update. doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to why it works for some and not others. if you ever have to fxz back to stock, you will lose root and there is currently nothing that can be done about it.

I am staying away from this one until the devs have a chance to really tear into it and find out if a root exploit is even possible.
Well, ican personally say voodoo keeps root. I did have adaway fail to acquire root after the update because of superusers binary being old. I restored root using voodoo, then set es file explorer root options to allow access.. So i updated it by downloading the flashable su binary zip and copying and pasting the su bin folder on top of the normal one, overwriting it. Then tibup and ad away worked perfectly. I dont know if perhaps users had another issue, but thats what worked for me with the soak, not this.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Voodoo OTA works fine. The issue people are having is making their root backup and then FXZ back to .246 erasing their backup.

cmc7941

Reaction score
Voodoo OTA works fine. The issue people are having is making their root backup and then FXZ back to .246 erasing their backup.

Ha! Yeah, that would kinda make it pointless to back it up. Fxz, reroot, back up via voodoo, upgrade su binary, temp unroot, flash would be my guess.

pstpup

Reaction score
bricked bionic. tried to go back to ics which found was a mistake. oh well, going to trade up to maxx hd anyhow

Ut3jaw

Reaction score
Droid Bionic Jelly Bean

OK, so wife has bionic and gets update. Update fails. I remember waaaay back deleting some of her bloatware after last ICS update (thinking she was never going to see Jelly Bean). So FDR would not restore ICS bloatware so I used RSDlite and was able to restore ICS to stock, BUT, I could not root. i tried multiple programs and it failed everytime. It seems superuser was causing the problem as, even with FDR'ing multiple times and flashing via RSDlite, it never actually left. The icon would be gone but when I went to play store it said it was installed and needed to be updated. After I updated it, icon returned. Anyway, after messing with this for the better part of a day (much to the chagrin of my wife), I restored it via RSDlite and was able to get the jelly bean update to take now that it has the bloatware back, albeit without root, which we desperately need for the wireless tethering. At this point I am about to just get on ebay and buy a new bionic (as you can get one for less than $100.), but was wondering if anyone knew of any options I am not thinking of to get root on this bad boy (I don't know if any devs are going to waste their time for an exploit for JB on an old phone like the bionic) or if one of the programs I saw to root jelly bean on razr/razr maxx would also work on bionic (like the ICS motofail did) or if I am just better off parting with $100. and getting a new/used bionic and just keeping the jb stock bionic as a backup phone. Anyway, any help would be GREATLY appreciated and I hope you all have a fantastic day!!!!!!!!!!