Droid Bionic Help Rooting Flashing ROMS

BlazinBlake

Reaction score
Okay so I am new to all the "rooting" "flashing" and "ROMS". I've had my bionic about a week now and previously had the X. But I want to be able to use my device to the FULLEST! Remove all the crap verizon puts on there. I just dont want to turn my phone into a $300 paper weight. Any help or comments is very appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My advice to you is to get yourself more familiar with all that you just mentioned thru your own research, it will help you in the long run...First and foremost is understanding what root is if you aren't sure already and then using the 1click root method which there is a thread about in the Bionic section (also research SuperUser and BusyBox)...then you need to understand what custom recovery is and why the bootstrap method we use instead for the Bionic is different than normal custom recoveries (research ClockWorkMod (or CWM for short) bootstrap for Bionic)... And when you've gotten that far you need to understand what Nandroids are and why they are essential before you move onto custom ROMs... And probably the most important process you'd need to learn is what SBF or FXZ does (un-paperweights your Bionic should you think you bricked it)...

That should get you started, but understanding all of these things yourself before you even get started is a must imho