dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid_boot-5.jpg
droid_boot-17.jpg
droid_boot-56.jpg

We have some more interesting Droid Bionic stuff for you today. The pics above are of the Droid Bionic boot animation, and the video below shows it off as well. However, even better than that is that you can download it and try it on your own phone if you want! It doesn't require root to work on most phones, but there may be some that could prove troublesome. Here's a quote from AndroidPolice with the instructions, and some download links below,
On some phones, root access isn't required for installing custom boot animations if you copy to /data/local, but I can't guarantee it will work on every phone, so on those you may need to root first. Since there are many ways of installing bootanimation.zip, we've listed some of them here.

As for Bionic.ogg, if you want the boot sound enabled, you'll have to figure out the place where it goes on your phone - most likely some directory under /system/media or /data/local.

Downloads: BootAnimation.zip and Bionic.ogg (Boot Sound)

[video=youtube;xYN6ZPGOiIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYN6ZPGOiIU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Sometimes it is really fun to be a tech-nerd!

Source: BionicForums.net via AndroidPolice

Last edited:

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Where does this file have to go after its DLed? I did it a while ago but can't remember anymore.

Eggathis

Reaction score
thanks for posting this. i love both, but the boot sound is incredibly quiet on my droid 3. anyone else have the same sound issues on any other devices?

wseyller

Reaction score
Too bad the sound doesn't work on the DX, but animation does.

Its in the original post. Read.

Try putting the ogg file in /system/media/audio/notifications. I thought I saw a droid x user do that to get it to work although I could never get the sound to work on my D1.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

michael22

Reaction score
How come i can not activate the command adb remount. it says remount failed operation not permitted. I am not rooted and using droid x. thank you!