Droid Beginner

clindsey212

Reaction score
Hi,
Just ordered a Droid Pro today. I have had a bunch of cell phones. Decided on the Pro because it offers both a touch screen and a keyboard. Blackberry "was" my phone of choice though. I am very interested in learning about some of the features that the Droid has to offer outside of "normal" use. I study information systems security at the community college and am getting ready to graduate.
Let's get cracking.

Canadroid

Reaction score
Hi,
Just ordered a Droid Pro today. I have had a bunch of cell phones. Decided on the Pro because it offers both a touch screen and a keyboard. Blackberry "was" my phone of choice though. I am very interested in learning about some of the features that the Droid has to offer outside of "normal" use. I study information systems security at the community college and am getting ready to graduate.
Let's get cracking.

Welcome to DF !

Hm interesting intro. Droid definitely has some options a BB might not, as far as where you're leading. I've done a bit of 'war-driving' in my area when setting up a new home network to see what channels were occupied and at what strengths--people really need to start securing their stuff now that all these smartphones are 'sniff' capable!!

Speaking of.... why does an Iphone identify itself as 'Iphone' to my Linksys router, but the Droids have no designator (at least Droid 2's)? Take a look at routing tables next time you log that Pro on at home, you might see what I'm talking about. Thought it was odd.

:pint:

OP
C

clindsey212

Reaction score
Thanks alot. I hope I will. My sister has an Android powered phone. Haven't played with it a lot, but from what I have seen of it, it is a very powerful phone.

OP
C

clindsey212

Reaction score
Hi,
I tried the Storm out too. Didn't necessarily enjoy the full touch screen. Hoping both the touch and keyboard work a little better for me. How is the weather? :)

OP
C

clindsey212

Reaction score
Thanks! I hope I can find out some interesting things out about the Droid and the Droid OS.