Beginner Questions

JackieG

Reaction score
I've had my Droid Pro for 2 days and except for getting used to the transition from the BB keyboard to the Droid, I am loving it. I have a few questions:

1. Where do I store Quickoffice documents? I have the choice of Android, dcim, LOST.DIR and then all of the various subfolders.

2. Is there an app that's similar to MemoPad in BB?

3. I have several email accounts and want to put shortcuts to a couple of them on my desktop. The gmail wasn't a problem, but my work email is sitting in the Messaging folder and I can't figure out how to get it to the desktop.

4. Why is it when I read an email on the phone, a little while later it appears as unread?

5. Is there a way to delete an email from the phone AND from the email at the same time, as in the Blackberry?

DroidToro

Reaction score
I came from bb and liked the dpro a lot. I then went to dx after i got to play with one for a while. There are still some things i miss about bb but I will never go back.

Quick office docs can be stored wherever you want on the sdcard.

For memopad like functionality, there are a multitude of apps but I found none that sync with outlook through exchange. I use an app called gdocs that syncs with google docs.

I can't answer your Email related questions since I use nitrodesk touchdown for Exchange Email. It costs $20 but I think it's well worth it. They have a 30 day trial.

Liberated Droid X

Liberated Droid X

Troops2990

Reaction score
I've had my Droid Pro for 2 days and except for getting used to the transition from the BB keyboard to the Droid, I am loving it. I have a few questions:

1. Where do I store Quickoffice documents? I have the choice of Android, dcim, LOST.DIR and then all of the various subfolders.

2. Is there an app that's similar to MemoPad in BB?

3. I have several email accounts and want to put shortcuts to a couple of them on my desktop. The gmail wasn't a problem, but my work email is sitting in the Messaging folder and I can't figure out how to get it to the desktop.

4. Why is it when I read an email on the phone, a little while later it appears as unread?

5. Is there a way to delete an email from the phone AND from the email at the same time, as in the Blackberry?
i am alittle confused with #3 saying that your email is sitting in the messaging folder?? for #4, i have the same issue and i think it is because in the settings i have it set up to not sync with the server so if i read it on my phone and then look at the emails on my computer, they will show up as being unread so then next time your phone checks your email it thinks those messages are still unread. for #5 if you change this setting under your email app, you can select the option to delete from the server when you delete from your phone. I hope this doesn't sound too confusing, basically open your email app and the account you are talking about and push the menu softkey, browse through the options and you should find what your looking for.