Droid Battery Life

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The battery life appears to be amazing on the new Droid.. Motorola is claiming 6.4 hours of talk time (3G).. I hope this is accurate

J

JohnDroid

The battery life appears to be amazing on the new Droid.. Motorola is claiming 6.4 hours of talk time (3G).. I hope this is accurate

Seems to beat the other phones out there (comparable units) by 1.5 hours or so.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It could be for the very fact that they tuned down the CPU by 50Mhz. Not sure how that would get you 1.5 hours but hey lol. I also think the battery is bigger. A lot use the 1050 batteries but the droid is sporting a 1400. So that should be a little more of an improvement also, but once people start over-clocking their phones their talk time will go down quite a bit.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow thats nuts,

Under Promise over Deliver :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It has to do with the CPU downgrade and also the sensor that knows when your talking on the phone and dims the light, so it doesn't drain the battery.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is good stuff indeed.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is good stuff indeed.
I agree...one of the biggest problems I have with my Tour is the horrendous battery life.

With moderate use during a 12 hour day it's drained to 20% at the end of the day.

Zippster

Reaction score
Still think I'll eventually need an extra battery as I'm accustomed to simply swapping them out vs charging on the phone.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love the life expectancy of this battery, and by the time i need to get another on it will be down to like 7 dollars to get a new one.