Droid ballistic or regular Turbo

warren83

Reaction score
Hello
Looking to get the Droid Turbo but don't if I should go with the Ballistic model. I thought I heard somewhere that the antenna was not as good in that version because the the material used in the backing? Anyone else hear this or have recommendations on which one I should purchase? I am looking to use the Edge program from Verizon to complete the transaction.
Thanks

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I haven't heard there was an antenna issue with the ballistic model. We've got quite a few Turbo members so hang in there until we can get some more of them to weigh in. Good luck with whichever model you go with....It's a great device!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No issues that I'm aware of, mine is superb with reception. I have the 64GB in Ballistic Nylon.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Ditto on what FoxKat said also hold both because some say the smooth back feels too smooth and when I got mine the 64GB it only came in the Ballistic.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My wife got the Ballistic Nylon yesterday, 32GB. Well, she ordered it as they were out of them at Verizon. She really liked it. I really like the Ballistic and is what I'd go with if I were getting one.

on the move..

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Although I keep my 64G ballistic nylon in the Verizon shell holster case, I do like the look and feel of the ballistic nylon. Out of the holster it has a good grip. Also, no problems with reception that I know of.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ballistic nylon here. Love it - the grip is underrated. Haven't really had any issues with reception - some complained about wifi signal strength (4G apparently was never an issue) but it was a pretty marginal difference.

Gotta go with the 64gigs of storage.

TatDroid

Reaction score
No issues at all that I've noticed with my ballistic nylon Turbo. Loving it.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
64gig ballistic nylon since opening day. No problems at all

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have the Ballistic Blue BB Edition 32GB and have had No Issues.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have the 64GB Balistic Nylon since launch day with no issues. Still love the phone!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but this may be the best phone Motorola has made yet, perhaps only second to the Moto X 2nd Generation. Of we look at specs, it would be number one, but based on performance it's a tough call.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Reaction score
I have the Ballistic and my reception sucks. In the city were i always got full 4g with my Droid Maxx and Maxx HD i only get 3 bars only 1 bar 4g at home where my maxx hd would get 3bars 4g. I like the ballistic

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have the Ballistic and my reception sucks. In the city were i always got full 4g with my Droid Maxx and Maxx HD i only get 3 bars only 1 bar 4g at home where my maxx hd would get 3bars 4g. I like the ballistic
The question is not how many bars it shows, a relative indicator... It's how much better or worse the actual phone communications and data transfer are with it versus the maxx. A more accurate way of comparing would be to look at the dBm in the phones side by side.

1cb2c73306be5e677a1147ec698bbebb.jpg

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.