droid apps uninstall

msmouser

Reaction score
How do I permanently uninstall marketplace apps that have appeared without my wanting them or signing up for them?? If I just use settings and manage applications, most of them are not shown

msmouser

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what are some of the apps you are referring to?

the only ones from the marketplace that you have are under the downloads section

if you want to uninstall something, settings>applications>manage apps> then find the one you want, click it, and uninstall

sustained

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by "apps that have appeared without my wanting them or signing up for them". But here's how you uninstall apps that can be uninstalled.

You might have to do this to get all your apps to show.

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>click Menu button at bottom>choose Filter>choose All>click on App>uninstall.

You can also uninstall from the Market.

Go to Market>click Menu button at bottom>choose Downloads>choose app>click Uninstall at bottom.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I am gonna guess he means things like Gtalk, Amazon, etc. Apps he does not want but come with the phone. You can't get rid of these unless you root your phone. Just ignore them. You can move them off of the home screens though.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do I permanently uninstall marketplace apps that have appeared without my wanting them or signing up for them?? If I just use settings and manage applications, most of them are not shown
They aren't marketplace apps (which you wouldn't have if you didn't specifically download them) if that's the case. There are threads on deleting the stock apps but you'll have to root and make sure you fully understand what you're doing or you can cause yourself some serious problems.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
TS, please tell me that isn't your real phone number under your avatar.

yea prolly should get rid of that - maybe what TYPE of phone there

unless you want everyone on here to have ur digits :icon_eek: