Droid and mms problems

zx7

Reaction score
Hi, how is everyone? New to the forum but its already helping. I have a few problems going on with the droid but this question pertains to the mms messaging. I first noticed it having problems sending those messages a couple months ago but I would resend and eventually it would work. I then realized it would do this because the 3g was not connected yet, so I would connect to the internet first and make sure 3g was up and then send. No problem, sent dozens of them since then. But this past week, it will just freeze up with the little red clock. The details say sent but its not, I have asked and sent it to myself. I followed all the tricks I could find online about parenthesis and deleted contacts but nothing. Those were last years solutions I saw for some people but its still not working, any new updates for this fix? Thanks for your help and time.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum.

Are you still using the stock text message app?? If so, I would suggest getting a text message replacement app. There are two good ones Chomp and Handcent, you can find them in the market. The stock app seems to be a bit flaky at times and tends to frustrate more than anything. I personally use Handcent and love it. Its worth a try.

OP
Z

zx7

Reaction score
Thanks dlwhtrose. I was thinking that might help but unfortunatley thats one of my other problems. I have not been able to access the market because my gmail wont login properly. I have tried creating a second account and contacting google but im stuck there too. I saw that fast web downloader but thats on the market too. I thought I could download the handcent online with that. Im not sure what to do other then starting from scratch but I would hate to do that. Any other ideas?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
A factory data reset usually fixes a plethora of problems. Yeah, it's a pain, but I would start there. Then once you sign back into your google account, leave the phone sit (preferrably while connected via WiFi) untill you get the "xxx applications restored" in your notification bar. Then go ahead and try out handcent (i've been using it sonce forever). With handcent, all you have to do is open the stock sms app and make sure you turn off any of the notifications for it and life _should_ be good.

BTW, text (and mms) messages ALWAYS use the cell signal(s), never WiFi. WiFi is only good for any data types that you are used to getting on your PC.

good luck

OP
Z

zx7

Reaction score
Thanks again. If I do a factory reset. I assume I will lose everything on the phone and will have to reflash? Its smoked glass on cricket.

robsolo

Reaction score
same prob... smoked glass ob cricket pic msgs won't send or receive... looking to get new rom hut completely clueless on these things

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay as to your pic messages not sending or receiving, I have had this same issue and the only fix I have found is to have the person who is sending me a pic type some sort of message in the text along with the pic and I have to do the same when sending. Something about having text in the message along with the pic allows it to send and receive.

OP
Z

zx7

Reaction score
I have not tried another flash or a backup, I dont know if I have the backup files. I didn't do it myself but I have some of the files on an sd card, probably the original ones. Do you think I should just pick a different flash and what would you recommend. Do you have a link if so and steps? Thanks.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if you are wanting to flash another rom I would suggest you go to the Hacking section, under Custom Roms look at what is available and choose what you think you would like. Each of the developers had installation instructions for their roms so you would follow those.

I cannot recommend one rom over another for you because they are all really good and it comes down to personal choice.