Unable to send or recieve MMS

dpaine88

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been using LM for a bit now and ran into a problem as of late.

When I recieve a MMS, it hangs on "downloading" for a while, and typically doesn't ever load.

When I try to send a MMS, it hangs on sending and never actually sends.

Happens on Handcent and Stock. Uninstalled Handcent and cleared cache etc, problem still persists on Stock Messenger.

Any help would be awesome.

J

Johnly

I have run sapphire and like it. Don't remember that issue? Good luck, someone here will have some good advice for you. Have you power cycled the phone? I had a similar email issue, and it was ROM related. The thing is, not all ROM's run the same on everyone's device...to many parameters factor.

OP
dpaine88

dpaine88

Reaction score
I have run sapphire and like it. Don't remember that issue? Good luck, someone here will have some good advice for you. Have you power cycled the phone? I had a similar email issue, and it was ROM related. The thing is, not all ROM's run the same on everyone's device...to many parameters factor.

Yea sapphire is cool too, but it had a problem with LauncherPro/Handcent SMS on my phone.

Hopefully someone can help

Car

Reaction score
I had this same issue just last week. Took 4 days and countless clicks on the "download" button before it finally downloaded the tiny 30kb file :-/
I looked high and low for an option to download attachments automatically, but came up with nothing. Rarely do I have a problem sending pics, just can't do it while on a call...

What's funny is that when I first upgraded to 2.2, I found I could no longer attach pics to txt messages. I had to install handcent to fix that problem. Now receiving mms is becoming a hassle.

Last edited:

Aristoclese

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with receiving, no problem with sending.

listenman20

Reaction score
in the stock messaging app there is an option to auto-retrieve messages. there's also the setting for auto-retrieve while roaming, but this doesn't fix your problem tho. i've had this set from day 1, and still had the problem OP described with receiving. i don't do much sending so haven't noticed that part. i have had times when it wouldn't send a sms even with multiple tries and plenty of signal.

Aristoclese

Reaction score
So I tested the problem with another droid, and with a non droid phone. Both pics came through. I only seem to have a problem receiving. It from my girlfriends Droid incredible.

skydive

Reaction score
I deleted Mms.apk awhile ago on both our phones. That is what was causing the issue. As soon as I readded Mms.apk, we were good :)

CTRw4rrior

Reaction score
I have been unable to send or receive MMS messages for a while now and it has became a real pain. I have the Samsung acclaim and have upgraded it to 2.2 if anyone is able to help it would be much obliged