Droid and Google: Issues

xxpigxx

Reaction score
Hihi all.

Got my Droid back in 2009. Almost time to upgrade. Too bad I might not take that route, and cancel my account.

Yesterday, I checked my email, and then took a a nap. I woke up to a message saying that my gmail password is incorrect. I tried putting it in again. Nope. Went to recover password, and my security question and alt email were changed.

I filled out the form, and get a canned response that they can't prove I am the owner of the google account.

Excuse me?

Now I can't access my email, the market, and whoever has control of my email also has my CC info, since I bought stuff off the market. Not to mention my paypal account, which is also linked to my CC.

They told me to make a new account. That means factory reset of the phone, meaning I lose all of my apps, and I have to pay for them again.

Plus I have to cancel my CC and order a new one from the bank, which is more money.

BS.

I am uber-pissed right now.

epo3fold

Reaction score
Droid X / Google issues

I have also been having this issue with Google starting when I had to reboot my Droid X. I simply started a new gmail account and that worked all of 30 hours before I got the same notification. Now, it won't let me use another gmail as primary from what I can tell and I can't access any of my market to buy more. (The reason for the reboot, I downloaded the fingerprint "scanner" and it wouldn't let me access my home screen directly, so I turned the accessory off and still the same issue, so I turned the phone off and back on and it would get to the main screen and then freeze being blank aside from the pull-down "curtain" I guess and it would not even pull down. All I could do is receive phone calls.) I don't think anyone has your cc info, cuz apparently it's happening to more than one person, but if I'm wrong, then getting a card is safer than finding out the hard way that I was wrong.
If anyone knows a solution, please email me at [email protected]

Last edited: