Droid and bluetooth voice dialing ?

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Hi all ........... I have the Droid and use the Motorola t5o5 ( visor bluetooth ) . I never liked those earpieces .
Does anybody know an easy way to get that unit to integrate with the Droid for voice dialing. ?.. Of course without having to fumble with the phone . Some kind of app , or whatever with minimal phone fumbling .
Or ...... Do you think there might be some kind of software upgrade in the works for the Droid to make some of this possible ?
I don't make many calls on the road, but sometimes it is necessary . I guess I could just pull off the road and call if I absolutely had to .
Thanks in advance for any suggestions .
:)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi all ........... I have the Droid and use the Motorola t5o5 ( visor bluetooth ) . I never liked those earpieces .
Does anybody know an easy way to get that unit to integrate with the Droid for voice dialing. ?.. Of course without having to fumble with the phone . Some kind of app , or whatever with minimal phone fumbling .
Or ...... Do you think there might be some kind of software upgrade in the works for the Droid to make some of this possible ?
I don't make many calls on the road, but sometimes it is necessary . I guess I could just pull off the road and call if I absolutely had to .
Thanks in advance for any suggestions .
:)

Sorry, Rodgerdodger, no bluetooth dialing yet. We had hoped it would be part of the 2.1 OTA update, but alas, we were wrong. :icon_rolleyes: So lots of us are still waiting for that capability. Have you checked out the native Voice Dial? Some people have trouble with it, but I like it a lot. Check it out.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No Android phone is capable of Bluetooth voice dial. I use the Blue ant Q1,which allows me 8 speed dials hands free.

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Hi Anne , Thanks for the info. I'll check it out ------------ but probably wait for software upgrade like everyone else ...... Keep up the good work .
Rogerdodger

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi Anne , Thanks for the info. I'll check it out ------------ but probably wait for software upgrade like everyone else ...... Keep up the good work .
Rogerdodger

Now where are your manners? Your Uncle Hook gave you an answer too... :icon_ nono:

:D

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
tHANKS FOR THE INFO HOOK ! ------------- Sorry for the delay .
Anne scolded me for not giving you a reply .

Rogerdodger

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Rogerdodger

Now where are your manners? Your Uncle Hook gave you an answer too... :icon_ nono:

I have now replied to Hook . :) :) You're tough .............

You all do a good job here . I'm still learning the ropes .........
( Just above newbie ) .

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rogerdodger

I have now replied to Hook . :) :) You're tough .............

You all do a good job here . I'm still learning the ropes .........
( Just above newbie ) .

You know I was just kidding, right?

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Per this

Canadian Milestone users finally get 2.1, more home screens – Android and Me

as well as numerous other articles I have found, it appears as if the Canadian Milestone was given bluetooth voice dialing with it's 2.1 update. Should just be a matter of time before we get it, either officially through an update or unofficially through some enterprising individual.

If they have it for the milestone why cant they put it on the droid ?:mad:

---------- thanks DerekH and sst45jeff --
just waiting for the update ----------------- Rogerdodger:icon_eek:

hatzie

Reaction score
No Android phone is capable of Bluetooth voice dial. I use the Blue ant Q1,which allows me 8 speed dials hands free.

I looked at the Blue Ant Q1. Eight speed dials are a good start...

I'd like the plain old voice dial feature like my 09 Impala SS... I long press the button on the Impala steering wheel and say "Dial 212-555-5555". 0-9 are already in the BlueAnt vocabulary.