Froyo Bluetooth Voice Dialing

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Is there a trick to using Bluetooth voice dialing in a Bluetooth equipped Chevrolet vehicle? I have a 2010 Equinox. The best I can do is tell the car the number I want to dial. I don't know how to tell the phone through the car to call a particular contact. Any help would be appreciated!

lokiju

Reaction score
Well I'd assume it's the same deal but using my Jawbone bluetooth headset I just hold the button until it says whatever the message is, something like "say something". Don't recall what it says really but it says something, anyway I just say something like "call wife cell" since that's how the contact is listed in my contacts and it'll respond with "calling wife cell mobile" since that contact has the number listed as a mobile number.

That's all I do and it works perfect.

OP
Stormy Knight

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Well, I tried it again. Hit the button to initiate a call. Voice prompt said, "Ready". I said, "Call". Voice prompt said, "Call using 'Droid'. Select contact." I said, "Home." It said, "Call cancelled. Goodbye." or something like that. Tried it with other contacts and the same thing, or it would go to the help menu. Very disappointed. I'm hoping it isn't the car interface between it and the phone.