Invoke Voice Dial from Motorola Visor BT speaker?

jismail

Reaction score
I have a motorola handsfree unit on my visor. I was able to pair it up with no problems but when I wanted to use it to initiate a call I couldnt figure out how. I pushed the inititat button on the unit and I got a tone in reply that sounds like the tone you get when you push the "voice dial' icon on the phone, but it wouldnt respond to any commmands... If I push voice dial on the phone, it will work, and patch the audio to the handsfree unit, but am I missing some check box somewhere that will allow me to intitiate a voice dial session from the hands free unit?

OP
J

jismail

Reaction score
Nobody?

I spent some time on the tech support line and the tech was unable to confirm that the BT profiles being used for the Droid supported any phone features other than redirecting the audio to the handsfree.

I did find that I could double tap the answer button on the handsfree and it would redial the last number, but it seems to be a big shortcoming if I cannot voice dial from the handsfree unit... espescially in Calif. where the cell laws are pretty strict.