Droid and Adobe Flash

1HiFlyer

Reaction score
Is anyone really upset about the fact that streaming Flash video is no longer working on their phones? I AM!!! I purchased the Droid Razr Maxx over the iPhone because when I bought it, that was a major selling point that Verizon, Motorola and others were clearly making known. I use my phone for business and when I'm on the go I show streaming presentation videos from my company's website and this phone did it perfectly. Then Adobe Flash player got corrupted and I am not able to download ANY version of it on my phone now so, I can no longer get into a lot of websites that use Flash. They said that they are not supporting it beyond ICS so then why can't we load it on phones with ICS??!!
When I called Adobe customer support (In INDIA) they continuously apologize but they want to charge $40 for customer support for a FREE app!! I want to know if any of you millions of droid users who believe that we've been lied to want to get together for a Facebook page, class action lawsuit or other action against Motorola, Adobe, Google or whoever is really responsible for this, please respond. I say this because they knew about this long before ICS came out, yet they kept touting the fact that you can watch streaming flash video on the Droid but not the iPhone.
Feedback please.

rocketpod23

Reaction score
I was upset about this at first myself. I did a bit of research and found out that it is because Adobe is simply abandoning Flash... period. HTML5 will soon take over. Any phone with ICS and later 'will not support flash.' I've read about a few people installing Flash on ICS devices with success but haven't done it myself. In theory it should work (there are quite a few videos tutorials, but I can't imagine it would be difficult).

It is time to face the fact that Flash is dying. Frankly, it hasn't affected my browsing experience at all.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
So Flash got corrupted on your phone. The most current Flash apk can be found here Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service This folder contains D4 stuff but the Flash apk should work on your phone since they're very similar.

I remember that Flash is in the playstore but it's really hard to find.

Flash still works for me on ICS using ICS+ browser. For some really difficult sites switch the user agent to desktop and also check off Request Desktop Site in the settings.