Droid Alarm Ap - Similar to BB?

dan911radio

Reaction score
I am looking for a new phone...this could be a dealbreaker though...

Is there a Droid ap similar to the BB ap that, when the alarm is set and the phone is off, it turns the phone on and the alarm sounds?

I use my phone as my alarm clock, but shut it off so my TXT alerts do not make noise at night. My BB actually turns itself on so the alarm rings.

THANKS VERY MUCH!!

iPirate

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken you can make your phone totally silent but alarms will still go off using a different volume control....

So you don't have to turn your phone off, you can just put it to silent and go to sleep. Try it out!

OP
D

dan911radio

Reaction score
Alarm Ap

Is this on any of the Motorola Droids? I'd hate to have to keep making adjustments every night...

TYVM

Gregorama

Reaction score
Is this on any of the Motorola Droids? I'd hate to have to keep making adjustments every night...

TYVM

Yes, the basic alarm app is stock with any droid. Making the adjustment every night is no more of a hassle than powering down a phone. Simply slide the audio option on the lock screen to silent. The alarm is the only application permitted to make noise on that setting.

ronjr123

Reaction score
I use an app called Gentle Alarm. Among other things it will automatically place your phone in plane mode when placed on the multimedia dock. It then also displays a really nice clock display that is adjustable in brightness and size by a couple of swipes. I have found this app to be extremely reliable, a few times the.stck alarm didn't go off when it needed to.

velocity92c

Reaction score
You'll find coming over from a BB that the droid stock alarm blows anything BB offers out of the water (even with an app). The droid stock alarm has everything you'll ever need. And turning your phone off to avoid texts is silly. Just put your phone on silent. I'm pretty sure alarms still go off on all phones even with the phone on silent.

Gregorama

Reaction score
I use an app called Gentle Alarm. Among other things it will automatically place your phone in plane mode when placed on the multimedia dock. It then also displays a really nice clock display that is adjustable in brightness and size by a couple of swipes. I have found this app to be extremely reliable, a few times the.stck alarm didn't go off when it needed to.

Just checked this out, and HIGHLY recommend it. Probably the most detailed app I've ever used and it's a mile ahead of the stock alarm. It's worth the few dollars to shell out, or try the trial version if you're iffy on it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a Droid ap similar to the BB ap that, when the alarm is set and the phone is off, it turns the phone on and the alarm sounds?
No. Nothing can turn the Droid on when it's off other than you.

However, there are plenty of apps that can handle the scheduling of alerts so you don't have to turn the Droid off. Don't assume that the way your former device did things is the only way.

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
Glad I found this topic --I have a related question.

I'm a Blackberry switcher too --and I'd like my Droid 2 to go to Clock mode like my BB did when plugged in to power. Does it require the dock, or is there a way to do it when the phone is plugged in via charging cable? I haven't figured out how to set it, if I can.

EDIT: If not, is there an app that will do what I want?

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Glad I found this topic --I have a related question.

I'm a Blackberry switcher too --and I'd like my Droid 2 to go to Clock mode like my BB did when plugged in to power. Does it require the dock, or is there a way to do it when the phone is plugged in via charging cable? I haven't figured out how to set it, if I can.

EDIT: If not, is there an app that will do what I want?

I use "alarm clock plus" and it does exactly what you want. Its a nice app, its the stock alarm clock on steroids.