Late for work!

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
No headphones and I tried what you described about 6 times already with different buzzers and nothing is working. Odd. Now it's bugging me.

Candice

Reaction score
Checked ring tone and it is set for an mp3 and not silent. This does not seem to work for me. I can't figure out why. If I set the phone to silent the alarm starts but no sound at all.

Try a stock alarm to see if that works. It could be the MP3.

FireDroid

Reaction score
The easiest way to put it to silent at night is from the lock screen hold down the power button and an option menus appears and hit silence phone. It will silence all but alarm! I have used it since I got the phone in december.

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
Candice, I tried several. FireDroid, I tried that, no work.

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
Silent mode checked. I see where it says " All sounds except media are silenced" but this is not the case for me.

thenowherekid

Reaction score
I use the app Timeriffic. You can set profiles for your phone to go vibrate, ring, whatever. Its real easy to use.

Candice

Reaction score
No headphones and I tried what you described about 6 times already with different buzzers and nothing is working. Odd. Now it's bugging me.

I'm baffled. It *should* work. I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

I'm trying to get my phone to recreate what you're describing, and I can't. Alarm turns on every time.

And here I thought this would be an easy problem to solve. lol ;-)

We'll get it figured out.

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
I just tried to play a video in silence mode and it plays loud and clear. ????

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Mike,

Apologies for the "sleeping around" crack. No offense meant. :)

I sympathize with your problem of fitting a droid with a case into the stock charging dock. If feel like investing in another dock that resolves the problem, there are a couple available. I use the MiKradle and like it a lot.

Given the problems you're having with the various audible settings, I suggest you download something like "audio manager." It provides somewhat simpler control over the various individual options. Whether you use it long term or not, it might help you diagnose the problems you're having.

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
Candice, I'm baffled also. If I turn the volume up the alarm works.
I guess I'll use a third party app to try to make this work for me. jsh1120, none taken! Lol! Maybe I'll try that "Audio Manager" or a third party alarm.

Candice

Reaction score
Mike, Weird. But if you can find a 3rd party app that works, hopefully you won't be late for work anymore! ;)

Good luck! Sorry we couldn't fix the problem.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Candice, I'm baffled also. If I turn the volume up the alarm works.
I guess I'll use a third party app to try to make this work for me. jsh1120, none taken! Lol! Maybe I'll try that "Audio Manager" or a third party alarm.

Audio manager enables you to apply individual settings to the alarm, music, alerts, ringer, system, and voice call volumes. It also allows you to set and apply different profiles as needed (at least in the paid version, not sure about the free version.) As I said, it should at least help you diagnose the problem you're having.

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
Thanks for you help Candice and everyone else. Seems like a good bunch of people here. I think I'll try the app that thenowherekid suggested.

MarkB

Reaction score
You're skipping something if you're referring to the stock alarm clock. Start the app, push the menu key - not in the settings for a specific alarm, but right when you start the app - push settings, first one is "Alarm in silent mode". Make sure that's enabled.