Droid affecting Keyless Entry for cars?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I figured it out. It's not a frequency coming from my Droid, it's the frequency that my FM Transmitter is putting out. I went and bought the transmitter that they were giving away on this forum (<a href= "http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XQ0ZOU/ref=oss_product">Accessory Power FlexSmart Car Mount System for MOTOROLA DROID</a>), and it turns out that if you leave it plugged into the AC outlet, it continues to broadcast the signal, even when the car's not on. I went and unplugged it and walked about 30 feet from my car, and sure enough it worked.

Cool! Thanks for the update

Mike

cuskit

Reaction score
Hmmm. I got my Droid on November 22. Since that date my neighbor has been wondering why his automatic garage door is often opening and closing by itself.

He's gonna have to move. My Droid stays.. :icon_ banana: mikey :)

kmp14

Reaction score
The range on my 05 Mustang keyfob has gone WAY DOWN recently, figured it was the battery....now I wonder.

CatsTide

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla, and while the gas pedal may get stuck and the power steering may fail, one thing I'm quite sure of is my Droid doesn't interfere with the wireless lock.
yeah....toyo really has the key thing nailed down:icon_ devil:

kristoff125

Reaction score
My 05 CTS has no issues, maybe it's the fact that the only complaints have come from Fords...Ford or Droid, not a tough call in my book, there's only 1 good phone out there, plenty of terrible cars to choose from.

Guchi

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla, and while the gas pedal may get stuck and the power steering may fail, one thing I'm quite sure of is my Droid doesn't interfere with the wireless lock.

+1 corolla fob works fine

cuskit

Reaction score
My 05 CTS has no issues, maybe it's the fact that the only complaints have come from Fords...Ford or Droid, not a tough call in my book, there's only 1 good phone out there, plenty of terrible cars to choose from.
Hey! My F150 may be the toughest truck on the market - but he's still a very sensitive guy. I just hope he didn't hear that! ;)
View attachment 3373

Man - has Toyota ever taken a dive in the last month! Used to have a rep for one of the best cars out there. How quickly they topple.. :) mikey