Droid address book and "notes"

Hk996

Reaction score
I am a new droid user and just received my incredible this week. I used to have a windows mobile phone, so a lot of this stuff is new to me. I've been browsing for a few weeks now in preparation for the new phone. The reason I didn't switch sooner was because I use "notes" on my windows mobile phone and didn't think there was a way to do that on the droid.

So, what I've found so far is that there are programs like gdocs and evernote and springpadit. I used gsync to transfer my notes from outlook to google docs assuming I would find a app that will sync with that. I used gdocs to access my "notes", but here is my first question.... I want to be able to save my notes to my phone and be able to use folders for organizing them. gdocs looks like you need a internet connection to access them so if I needed to look something up without phone reception I'd be SOL. I've been looking through the menu's on the program and can't find where you can save and organize with additional folders. Evernote and springpadit look like great apps, but do you also need internet connection for those? I've been looking at their web pages and that is what it looks like, but I'm not sure.

Also, on my address book.... I've transferred my contacts from outlook to google and they all seem to be there, but browsing through it seems like a ***** unless I know who I'm looking for. Is there a way to list by "company" like windows mobile? Some of my work contacts are easier found if I look by company because I may not remember their name, but know where they work.

Everything else about this phone is great and I love it, but it would be perfect if I can find solutions to those 2 things... any input would be greatly appreciated!!

OP
H

Hk996

Reaction score
Okay, after trying 3 different "notes" programs, I FINALLY found one that suits my needs... I'm using note everything now. As previously mentioned, gdocs was basically online and I couldn't figure out how to get them to my phone... then I started using AK notes, which was very nice with the online aspect, my problem with this one (which I found out after tranfering everything into different folders) was that it only alphabetized EVERYTHING. So, my individual folders would not alphabetize.

I found note everything while playing with a droid X at the verizon store. It will sort BOTH folders and the notes inside! This was ALL I really wanted from the start, and am glad I have found it. Not sure if there is a online tracking and editing, but for what I have now, it does what I was using notes for on my windows phone... whew!!!!

Danariel

Reaction score
Also, on my address book.... I've transferred my contacts from outlook to google and they all seem to be there, but browsing through it seems like a ***** unless I know who I'm looking for. Is there a way to list by "company" like windows mobile? Some of my work contacts are easier found if I look by company because I may not remember their name, but know where they work.

In Gmail (on the PC) you can segregate all your contacts into individual groups. Then, when you go into People on the Incredible, at the bottom you'll see a Card (like for a cardfile) which is All, two cards which is Groups, a globe for Online Directories, and the last icon is for Call History.

If you've grouped each contact according to company, then going to groups should be where you can find them easiest.