Droid 4 Utility for Windows/Mac/Linux

XPJEROMEXP

Reaction score
Droid4 utility

Okay, got that. in the instructions it isnt specific, you said i could go ahead and use it even thought im on gb, what are the steps i would go through the rules arent specific on how to do it from gb

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Run 11 or 12 as it says in the instructions it will upgrade a gb phone to ics. Be sure your battery is charged

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

locomotive96

Reaction score
Any idea when this will be updated for JB. I have a really cool brick right now lol. :frown:

Kabilos

Reaction score
Clicked on the windows link and received the following in a new tab.

[h=1]The file you requested was not found[/h] [h=3]Lets see if we can find that for you...[/h] [h=3]Search results for apps/mattlgroff/Droid4Windows0.4.zip[/h]

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
Ok thats a year ago what about all the razor attention and none for droid 4

Hey all! This is the new home of the Droid 4 Utility!

There are (still) no fastboot files as of writing this (2/28/2012) so use Safestrap at your own risk
Once they come out I will be making a full version that includes fastboot restore. For now, the utility is only a few MB compared to a GB+.

From this point forward I will be taking charge of updating the Droid 4 Utility for Windows/Mac/Linux

This way mattlgroff has a little less work on his hands and can focus more on IMPORTANT things like bootloaders, ICS, etc...

MAC/LINUX: Be sure to read the instructions below (or README file) if you are not familiar with using terminal as root or executing bash scripts!

THERE IS NO ROOT FOR DROID 4 RUNNING JB 4.1.2 IVE DRIED DAN ROSENBURGS METHOD, YOURS, DJBLISS, THE BATERANG , MOTOFAIL2 AND NONE WORK I CAN GET SAFESTRAP WITH DROID 4 UTILLITIES WHICH IS JUST A LONGER VERSION OF RAZOR_BLADE BUT WITH OUT ROOT IT DOES NOT OPERATE
CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A ROOT GUIDE OR ZIP PACKAGE /ID LOVE A RUN BATCH FOR THE DROID 4 WITH THE OTA 4.1.2 UPDATE AND THE PROBLEM BETWEEN DROID 4 AND RAZOR_BLADE ROOT IS THEY USE A DIFFERENT KERNAL OURS IS .3.0.8-g473e586 and build # is also different ! droid 4 is 9.8.20 where razor maxx and up use 9.8.18 so they are not compatible , please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Changes
~~as of 2/18/ 11:30PM PST
Fixed bug where Superuser.apk was pushed to /data instead of /system/app/
Fixed unroot script to properly remove Superuser.apk
~~as of 2/19 4:30 PM PST
Fixed chmod in root method from 4775 to 6775
~~as of 2/28 6:15PM PST
Added Safestrap recovery!!!
~~as of 3/2
fixed script to chmod +x ./files -R so that you can actually run the files on mac and linux (that would be important huh?)

DOWNLOADS

WINDOWS
Size: 7.75 MB
MD5: f82bf8d8a085ff95b696712b8caa0f1b
Link: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing Droid4Windows0.4.zip

MAC
Size: 7.19 MB
MD5: dc8468d051d59963914a0b8a054b83b8
Link: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing Droid4Mac0.4.zip

LINUX
Size: 7.26 MB
MD5: 0c082efbff48e614b9d8ebffc7eca3eb
Link: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing Droid4Linux0.4.tar.gz

Here's how:

Windows:

Simply Unzip the files, and run Droid4Windows.bat as administrator (right click>run as administrator)

Mac/Linux:

Simply extract the zip then

Open terminal and run:

Code:
su

Then enter the root password NOTE: This is not YOUR password, this is the ROOT password. If you dont know it, you can always use

Code:
sudo passwd

to reset the root password

Next run:

Code:
cd /the path to where you extracted the files/

for example, heres what I have to type:

Code:
cd /home/skylar/Desktop/Droid4UtilityLinux/

next run the appropriate bash script:

Code:
bash Droid4linux
OR
Code:
bash Droid4mac

DONE!

Have fun and I hope you enjoy!

SCREENSHOTS

View attachment 47547View attachment 47546View attachment 47549View attachment 47548View attachment 47917

CLICK HERE TO DONATE

Can you make a droid 4 root program none work that are suppose to currently ,like rosenburg ,razor_blade and droid 4 utilities