Droid 4 problems.

Obey15

Reaction score
Hey, i just bought my new droid 4 about 1 month ago and when i try to text my friend the letters don't pop up it just says compose message and i'm typing in it but it's not doing anything. no words, no letters. please help me.

kwyrt

Reaction score
Hey, i just bought my new droid 4 about 1 month ago and when i try to text my friend the letters don't pop up it just says compose message and i'm typing in it but it's not doing anything. no words, no letters. please help me.

Is it just when your texting? Does the keyboard work in other applications?

Droid 4 - AOKP JB

OP
O

Obey15

Reaction score
Droid 4

Its my physical keyboard and my touch screen keyboard and i have to cut it off then cut it back on so it can work. or say if i go to put my username in my facebook it wont text it. basically it wont work at times and i want it to stop.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
My d2 does that too. If im using the touch keyboard I just have to switch to the physical one for it to work. I do not know how to permanently fix the issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
O

Obey15

Reaction score
Droid 4

exactly i have to do that to. but most of the time of have to cut it off wait then cut it back on for it to work. Help us guys.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
If I go to settings and clear the keyboard data and restart the phone and clear the cache from recovery it will quit doing it for a couple of weeks. I don't know of any permanent fixes though

whitecollar

Reaction score
I haven't had this problem at all. Out of curiosity, which input method are you all using.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I switch it up between multi touch and a 3rd party keyboard and have the issue with both

OP
O

Obey15

Reaction score
Droid 4

I'm using the Motorola input method U.S english. please reply back.