Droid 4 and the future of QWERTY

TC_Mits

Reaction score
There's always trade offs I guess, but I'm still going for the D4 :)

First, well-reasoned case for the Maxx.

Second, which D4 will you go for?
The underpowered D4 to release early next month with no global or ICS?
Or, the D4 MAXX with the 3.3 amp battery you like.
Or, the D4G version to come when some overseas "network issues" are resolved?
Or, the D4G MAXX?
Or, will you wait for the ICS announcement, so you won't have to worry, like Bionic folks now, whether that's really gonna happen or not?

Please help me. I, too, really need a KB, but all this has me confused and you seem to know what you're doing.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

kenoshabrew

Reaction score

Or, the D4G MAXX?
Or, will you wait for the ICS announcement, so you won't have to worry, like Bionic folks now, whether that's really gonna happen or not?

Please help me. I, too, really need a KB, but all this has me confused and you seem to know what you're doing.

( By DX w/DF app. )

Going for the announced one coming out hopefully soon. My reasoning as I stated in another forum is I'm worried they will take current customers grandfathered unlimited data away. I almost bought the Stratosphere for the same reason but I really didn't want the single core processor for 2 years. I'll buy an external battery pack for trips if power is a problem (and I'm sure it will be for me). I just don't want to loose unlimited data by waiting any longer. I've been up for an upgrade for a while now. Time to cash in my chips.

I also believe the current announced D4 will have global capability. I just think it will, but I have no proof to back that up.

As far as ICS, that would be nice but I also learned a lesson with owning a D1, D2, D2G, and my friend getting D3. Buy what makes you happy now. I'm pretty happy with GB. So if I get ICS in the future, sure that would be cool as hell. But I'll never again buy a phone on what it MIGHT get in the future. It should get it. But my main draw is the better screen, faster processor (there are some good adult sites that use flash that should be a little quicker to load! ;) and the 4G is MAJOR for me since I tether a LOT. With unlimited data it'll be like having broadband wherever I go (as long as a 4G tower is nearby). I just do NOT want to loose my unlimited data. I'll put up with external battery rechargers like the Motorola P893 if I have to. If I already didn't have unlimited data, I would probably wait two months to see if rumors of a D4 Maxx comes out.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score

Or, the D4G MAXX?

( By DX w/DF app. )

Not sure if theyn will release other D4 phones. Just s D3 buyers were upset and cried at a Dec release for a D4, that was small in comparison to the Razr buyers when the Maxx was announced.

Besides Moto said they were going to slow releases .

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums

Last edited: